Haute Schiit! Bifrost is world's most affordable fully upgradable DAC
Mar 10, 2012 at 5:22 PM Post #286 of 326
Well, Steve is a pleasure and his products seem amazing. I can't wait to get my cable...then interconnects....then silk wrap. Silky cotton maybe?

Do you notice a improvement with... presuming... Steve's interconnects? 

Mar 10, 2012 at 5:52 PM Post #287 of 326
Quote:
Well, Steve is a pleasure and his products seem amazing. I can't wait to get my cable...then interconnects....then silk wrap. Silky cotton maybe?

Yep, all from Steve...

I can't really say it's an improvement, but (to me) it seems that the Q-Audio interconnects just "get out of the way" of the sound...certainly better than the generic interconnects I was using before I got these.  But YMMV...

Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

Mar 10, 2012 at 6:01 PM Post #288 of 326
Those look very nice! Complete uniformity, will be looking to do something similar later on down the line. I am just looking forward to having that almost weightlessness everyone talks about with the Q. Green with Envy.

Mar 10, 2012 at 6:08 PM Post #289 of 326
Quote:
Those look very nice! Complete uniformity, will be looking to do something similar later on down the line. I am just looking forward to having that almost weightlessness everyone talks about with the Q. Green with Envy.

Yes, they're very nice!  Weightless and super flexible...

Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

Mar 10, 2012 at 6:15 PM Post #290 of 326
I hope to share that same experience someday soon.

Ditching Q for a minute. Have you tried any DHC cables?

Mar 10, 2012 at 6:21 PM Post #291 of 326
Quote:
I hope to share that same experience someday soon.

Ditching Q for a minute. Have you tried any DHC cables?

No, I have not but I have heard really good things about them here in the forums.

Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

We might need to move this discussion to the cable thread as it's a bit off topic...

Mar 10, 2012 at 6:53 PM Post #292 of 326
I bought a used one a while back. Was tempted to go back to them, until Q. It's hard for me to really hear the differences in cables.
I would try them out again, but only if Q cables get heavier.

Mar 10, 2012 at 7:41 PM Post #294 of 326

Quote:

Nope. Steve is calling it Slutty Cotton. I guess we're getting intimate= Deep Discounts!

Mar 10, 2012 at 7:45 PM Post #295 of 326

Quote:
Me too! Maybe placebo but I heard a difference.

Did you have any experience with any other 'improved" cable previous to the Silflex?

Mar 10, 2012 at 9:03 PM Post #296 of 326
Joined today and already 17 posts, you got bitten by the bug bad :wink:

Mar 10, 2012 at 9:13 PM Post #297 of 326
I have been a long lurker, I never wanted to join for this reason. Well, I lied, I know I am going to spend waayy more money. But, I am going to have waaaay more fun
tongue_smile.gif

Mar 11, 2012 at 10:40 AM Post #298 of 326
Damn this thread! I ordered the following: 

[td]
Chord Optichord Toslink to Mini Toslink Digital Audio Cable 1m
[/td]

[td]
1 x Chord CrimsonPlus, 2 RCA to 2 RCA Audio Cable 0.5m
[/td]
Both are highly rated by What HiFi and the Future Shop UK is selling them at reasonable prices. I'll give a full review next week. 

best regards,
Keith

Apr 21, 2012 at 2:32 AM Post #300 of 326
Would Bifrost + Asguard be a good combo for Beyer t70s?

Based upon research so far, other affordable contenders for me are
Cambridge Dacmagic+
Audiolab MDac
Audio-GD NFB 2.1 or NFB-17
Nuforce Icon HDP

As you can see price range ideally $500-600 max

Most of the above have balanced XLR outputs which I can run to my powered Mackie Studio Monitors. The Schiit combo wouldn't. But I do like the idea of having a separate dac/amp combo rather than having it in the same unit.. just seems to make more sense to me rather than packing it all into the same board.

I'd like something neutral/flat, (which DM+ is meant to be from KenRockwell's readings etc). Or perhaps somethnig with a bit of a bass bump. Definitely not bright, the T70s have plenty crisp detailed highs as-is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back