Haute Schiit! Bifrost is world's most affordable fully upgradable DAC
Dec 25, 2011 at 3:36 PM Post #241 of 326

Quote:

Going with an adapter you also wouldn't have a physical volume control which I really wouldn't recommend. Best bet would be to go RCA out to your E9 if you wanted to go with the Bifrost. But yeah it goes back to the question of which is more important to you, 24/192 or an integrated headphone amp?

I would say 24/192 or basically the DAC component. If one is spending this much money you might as well just go for the best anyways. The E9 is a good amp and if need be I can always upgrade to a better one.

Jan 4, 2012 at 12:47 PM Post #243 of 326
I really really want a Bifrost, but I want to see what the midrange product has to offer. Should I wait? Should I buy now? This sucks.

Jan 4, 2012 at 1:55 PM Post #245 of 326
I don't know if I can wait, but I also don't want to buy now and then have to re-buy later.

Jan 7, 2012 at 1:23 AM Post #248 of 326

Quote:
I'm just another happy customer...
Thanks for these awesome & affordable products!

Is that the HE-4? And what shlock mount is that? I'm in the need for one really bad...

Jan 7, 2012 at 1:50 AM Post #249 of 326
Jan 7, 2012 at 8:46 AM Post #250 of 326
Quote:
I'm just another happy customer...
Thanks for these awesome & affordable products!

What cable are you rocking with your HE-6?

Jan 7, 2012 at 1:53 PM Post #251 of 326
Quote:

Is that the HE-4? And what shlock mount is that? I'm in the need for one really bad...

It's the HE-6. The headphone stand was $50 on amazon and it turned out it wasn't tall enough to put the headphones on upright, so I kind of have to hang them sideways. :/
All in all, it's overly small and cheap. It came in pieces and I had to glue it all together myself. Now, I wish I would've spent more time/money on a better one.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005DC6K6I/ref=oh_o04_s00_i00_details

Quote:
Where can I get those golden feet? :)

You get 8 of them for $50 on amazon. Right now it looks like they are out of stock on the gold ones. But PartsExpress has some silver/black models too.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0061QAL9W/ref=oh_o03_s00_i00_details

Quote:
Quote:

What cable are you rocking with your HE-6?

A customized version of the "Molecule" cable from DoubleHelix. It's around $220.
http://doublehelixcables.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=1

Personally, I'm not a huge cable guy. But after going through THREE of the stock HE-6 cables I was getting really tired of having my cable short out on me. Honestly though, I work from home and I'm on my computer for hours on end. I just don't think the stock HE6 cable was meant to withstand that much abuse.

Also, I expected the Bifrost to run much warmer than it does. It's nearly cold to the touch. Whereas the Lyr is pumping heat out like nobodys business.

Jan 10, 2012 at 7:18 PM Post #253 of 326
Of the bifrost? Start here - post 1 - look in the reviews and impressions links. Skylab wrote a full review too (search in reviews).

Jan 12, 2012 at 12:37 AM Post #254 of 326
 Hey guys, I have a few questions about the Bifrost...

1) Does the Bifrost automatically detect the bitrate of the media file and adjust accordingly?

2) Is the Bifrost a worthy upgrade from the Asus Essence ST?

3) Any comments on Bifrost => Meier Concerto => Hd800 synergy?  I am concerned about sibilance issues...

4) Somewhat wrong place, for this but...Can I use a software equalizer w/ an external DAC like the bifrost?  If not possible or impractical, what alternative hardware options are there?

Thanks... I been deciding between Bifrost, PS Audio Digital Link III, and Meier Stagedac

EDIT: Oh and I read Aidee's review, very helpful thanks...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back