Haunted/Possesed Audio Equipment
Mar 26, 2006 at 1:40 AM Post #16 of 21
I lived in a dorm that was supposedly haunted as a result of a couple student deaths (suicide, accident) over the century or so since it had been built. I never noticed anything odd but some people claimed things would fall off their walls or they'd hear weird sounds in the halls or one basement area.

Anyway, a friend of mine lived there a year or so after I'd moved to an apartment. One night while he was sleeping, his bookshelf stereo somehow managed to turn itself on, go to max volume, and play the section of whatever that Limp Bizkit song is where Fred Durst yells "BREAK YOUR screwIN' FACE TONIGHT!" Needless to say, my friend was not amused by being awoken in this manner.

Mar 26, 2006 at 3:32 AM Post #17 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by dougmwpsu
do you find that the gateway to hell increases the warmth of your amp? would it pair well with grados?

yes indeed, hell has a nice tube-y sound to it, very lush, very laid-back. The only problem is that every once in a while the cries of tortured souls get picked up from somewhere. Might be a grounding or shielding issue. Ideas anyone? I can post pics of the board.

anyway, about 7-8 years ago I had my dad's old laptop (pentium 75, windows 3.11 for workgroups) on in the backroom and was playing SimAnt. My brother was watching the TV. As we got ready to go to bed he turned off the TV, I turned off the laptop. Then the TV turned back on by itself. Every time I flipped the laptop switch the TV would turn on. I did that about 10 times. Being paranoid and around eight, I immediately suspected ghosts.

Mar 26, 2006 at 10:13 AM Post #18 of 21
Probably not a ghostly problem... But Isometimes my Audio Refinement amp's power light is yellow and sometimes it is green... And I've never figured any pattern to it.
confused.gif

Maybe something is trying to mess with my brain!

Oddly enough I've also lived in a haunted dorm... But I never saw the ghost. And, honestly, I don't know if I trust the people who did.... They were generally the sort that had a little bit too much fun on the weekends... Not that I could exactly claim innocence myself during those years
evil_smiley.gif

Mar 26, 2006 at 2:07 PM Post #19 of 21
I once owned a 1st generation Archos Jukebox which exhibited a strange anomaly. I swear it never would turn on for me! I would hand it to my wife or a friend and it turned on and went about its business with no problems. When they would hand it back to me, it would shut down completely. Since then I never have had any such problem with the many DAPs I have owned and or used. The damn thing was pure evil!

I finally just gave it to my wife and she used it for a few years before it went kaput. I was glad to see it go.

Mar 26, 2006 at 3:46 PM Post #20 of 21
My tv goes through periods of turning itself off out of itself. I'm pretty sure it isn't on "timer off" or that someone else is playing tricks with their remote from outside or anything. It's just something that happens.

My old phone picks up radio stations from far away countries. If you move the phone to another place you can change the channel or turn the volume up and down. Sometimes it's so loud it gets rather annoying and people on the other side ask me if I've got the tv on or something.

Mar 26, 2006 at 4:33 PM Post #21 of 21
My old Bradford reciever, which is pretty weird in itself, as there is absolutely no internet documentation of the brand existing and it has a very strange sound signature, an 8-track player, and slider volume controls for each of the four channels. It also uses RCA for the speaker outputs and has this weird MPX output. All in all, it's an odd piece of equipment. It has the unique property that there is absolutely no warm up time whatsoever. Music is playing at normal volume before the power switch even clicks into position and the face lights up. You can also turn it off and on really quickly and it won't stop playing.

Anyway, it has this really weird thing. When it first turns on, there is no right channel. Everything is plugged in and set up properly. Then after a random amount of time, the right channel turns on. Sometimes it's a few minutes, sometimes it's an hour. I can be on the other side of the room, and the right channel will turn on. Once it's on, it sounds completely normal.

Edit - Just to clarify, it uses IC FETs, so it's not like there's a tube in the right channel that takes awhile to warm up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back