Hating my DT770 because ears get hot!
Oct 18, 2009 at 3:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

afg34

100+ Head-Fier
Hello,

I have had this for about 2 years and I'm starting to not like them because after 15-20 minutes of wearing them my ears fell really warm.(it either didn't happen before or i didn't notice or the pad is really worn out now..i dono but it's really apparent now)

What if i get leather pads...will it be different? Right now I'm using the stock pads: http://www.canford.fr/Nouvelles/2007...x/DT770PRO.jpg

If it's not the pads, then I want to sell them and get something with a different design (open). Something in the same price range, easy to drive, comfortable.

your thoughts?
L3000.gif

Oct 18, 2009 at 4:16 AM Post #2 of 5
If they pads look worn out, then yah you should probably get replacements. Worn out pads are the only thing that i can think of that would make your ears warm if you've had them for two years with no trouble. Also, if yours ears are getting hot then leather is the opposite thing you want. They will just make your ears hotter velour is more breathable than leather.

Oct 18, 2009 at 4:28 AM Post #4 of 5
no idea, thats just the only variable that might have changed over time. Maybe since they are worn out they might have become slightly saggy and started acting like a pillow by deforming instead of being firmer and allowing a little breathability. I've never had a beyer so i wouldnt really know whats happening exactly. Deductive reasoning at work lol.

Oct 18, 2009 at 9:17 PM Post #5 of 5
If the velour pads make your ears hot, the leather pads will make them even hotter I guess.
In my experience, the velour pads are cooler and the leather pads more sweaty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back