Hasselblad Lens on D700
Oct 6, 2008 at 1:51 AM Post #17 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tuarreg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The same Planar 80/f2.8 shot w/Velvia on Hasselblad 503 a few years ago and scanned on a Scitex drum.

You know, I sincerely believe the difference between film and digital has a wonderful parallel in the audio world in the difference between Vinyl and CD/Lossless.

Digital Cameras may be able to resolve as well, and now, better than their film counterparts but they are missing the feeling. There's nothing that can compare to the saturation, and dynamic range of good transparencies, especially Velvia 50.

Oct 6, 2008 at 9:00 PM Post #18 of 20
Vagarach

It looks like my manual focusing was off. I was trying to manual focus through the Live view feature of the D700 and apparently didn't do a very good job! (I don't think it's because of the lens or the camera)

T

Oct 6, 2008 at 9:11 PM Post #19 of 20
Leftnose.

I completely agree. I think one of the problem that contribute to this "lack of feeling" is the over-processing/over-sharpening of digital files. I had eye surgery recently and had one of my eyes patched, so I was forced to "see" things differently with my one good eye. What it did was to make me look through the good eye as if it was a camera lens through a view finder. If you then apply the same techniques as you would to your digital files, you would be tempted to "sharpen" things just a bit... then a bit more. Weird.

T

Oct 6, 2008 at 10:10 PM Post #20 of 20
That's interesting that you have been able to use those lenses on a D700 with nice results. The first picture you posted had such a smooth background blur.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back