Has the Whipmod been discontinued?
Oct 4, 2011 at 1:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Guidostrunk

Headphoneus Supremus
Curious if they discontinued the whipmod or if they're out of stock? Nowhere to be found on the website. Unless they're coming out with a new version or something. Sent an email but haven't got a response yet.

Oct 5, 2011 at 12:01 PM Post #2 of 9
Not surprising to me.  I know they had supplier problems awhile back and several folk on the Whiplash forum here were complaining aboutlong lead times.  Guess you gotta go with ALO's $700+ iMod on their website.  Or send Vinnie at Redwine an older iPod to customize into the iMod.

Personally, I love my iMod so that may be the best route.  You can find a 5 or 5.5 g iPod at ebay, get a bigger hardrive and send the whole shootin' match to Vinnie for him to install then do the iMod thing. 

Oct 5, 2011 at 12:09 PM Post #3 of 9

Does the Imod work with the Cypher labs solo? just curious
Quote:
Not surprising to me.  I know they had supplier problems awhile back and several folk on the Whiplash forum here were complaining aboutlong lead times.  Guess you gotta go with ALO's $700+ iMod on their website.  Or send Vinnie at Redwine an older iPod to customize into the iMod.

Personally, I love my iMod so that may be the best route.  You can find a 5 or 5.5 g iPod at ebay, get a bigger hardrive and send the whole shootin' match to Vinnie for him to install then do the iMod thing. 

Oct 5, 2011 at 4:04 PM Post #5 of 9
they (imod/whipmod) are based on the 5.5g, clas only supports later models, so no it doesnt. has nothing to do with the mod, just the hardware and os isnt supported. its pretty clearly stated in the alo product pages

Oct 6, 2011 at 8:11 AM Post #8 of 9
Hey,

Im too sure but I had just upgraded my original Whipmod to the compact flash version.
So im pretty sure its still around, but you may just need to ask Craig.

Oct 6, 2011 at 9:52 AM Post #9 of 9
yeah the benefits are pointless when used with CLAS anyway even if it did work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back