Has anyone used the Tascam DA-3000 as a headphone amp?
Mar 11, 2016 at 7:16 AM Post #2 of 4
Judging by the specs, the DA-3000 seems to have the same headphone output as the UH-7000 which I happen to own. The headphone output section is very clean, low distortion, good transient response.
I don't know if it can compete against high end headphone amplifiers but it is a very clean, balanced output. 

Mar 11, 2016 at 10:30 PM Post #3 of 4
Don't know about the DA-3000, but the far cheaper UH-7000 DAC section is the best I've came across under the $4000+ range. I would expect the DA-3000 to be better. Only thing is it's rated for 45mW + 45mW (into 32 ohms load, 0.1% distortion), so make sure it's powerful enough for your headphone. (And get your headphone cable from pro audio cable makers)

If you buy the thing used, I'm sure you can sell it for minimal loss, so just go ahead and let us know :)

Mar 12, 2016 at 1:43 AM Post #4 of 4
yeah the dac section on the uh-7000 is really phenomenal. and yes probably the da-3000 is only better since it's absolutely for high end studios. uh-7000 is both for project and pro studios. still it has the best mic preamps and the best dac i've heard so far. beats audient and pro yamaha stuff easily. don't even mention apogee.
i would say it's on the same level with mytek or lavry's cheaper dacs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back