Has anyone used firestone's cute beyond?
Jun 7, 2006 at 4:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Eisenhower

500+ Head-Fier
I need an amp to power my hd595's and ksc75's, and maybe some dt880's through my emu0404, the firestone cute beyond looked like a good deal.
How would it compare to the Original Master amp or the new Headfive? Is the headfive worth the extra $?

Jun 7, 2006 at 7:00 PM Post #3 of 6
I haven't tried the other amps you've mentioned, but I love my Beyond. It gives a very clear sound that's powerfull enough to drive anything I've tried on it.
Since this is the only amp other than a cmoy, I can't comment much on it though.

To get a bit of an idea about the size of the unit:
47ce.jpg

Sitting on top of a Firestone Fubar dac.

Jun 8, 2006 at 2:49 PM Post #4 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by digitalmind
I haven't tried the other amps you've mentioned, but I love my Beyond. It gives a very clear sound that's powerfull enough to drive anything I've tried on it.
Since this is the only amp other than a cmoy, I can't comment much on it though.

To get a bit of an idea about the size of the unit:
47ce.jpg

Sitting on top of a Firestone Fubar dac.

How was it with your hd595's?

Jun 9, 2006 at 12:22 AM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Eisenhower
How was it with your hd595's?

It made them a bit fuller sounding, with a bit more control in the lower frequencies. In my opinion not enough to warrant the price, since the HD-595 is just a very easy can to drive.

Jun 9, 2006 at 12:27 AM Post #6 of 6
I think the HeadFive would be well worth the extra cost. After all, it's an enhanced version of the $450 HA-1 MKII. Do a search on the HA-1 MKII, as it shouldn't be to far off in terms of SQ from the HeadFive, while of course the H5 is better. And the HeadFive has crossfeed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back