Has anyone tried this case for Grado or other flat lying headphones?
Mar 4, 2012 at 12:45 AM Post #3 of 9
Yeah, I wish the official Grado case was easier and cheaper to get a hold of. For the price I think I'll take a shot on this one. I really don't know of any other Grado alternatives.

Quote:
Doesn't look bad at all; those are Grados in the first picture. 

No idea how durable it would be, but for $10 what do you expect?

Mar 4, 2012 at 1:15 AM Post #4 of 9

Official? You mean the wooden box they used to distribute RS1s in?

Beyer also has some cases, they're around $30/ea, but I don't know if Grados would fit them very well or not (there might be too much space). 
Quote:
Yeah, I wish the official Grado case was easier and cheaper to get a hold of. For the price I think I'll take a shot on this one. I really don't know of any other Grado alternatives.

Mar 4, 2012 at 1:28 AM Post #5 of 9
Sorry, these are the ones I was talking about:

http://www.grado.co.uk/grado/Headphones-Carry-Case.htm

I'm a bit surprised they aren't offered in the US. It seems to look similar to the case I initially posted here. I do like how the Grado case has an indent to help secure the headband and a holder for the plug.

Quote:
Official? You mean the wooden box they used to distribute RS1s in?

Beyer also has some cases, they're around $30/ea, but I don't know if Grados would fit them very well or not (there might be too much space). 

Mar 8, 2012 at 12:37 PM Post #7 of 9
I figured I should report back after receiving the case.

It works great! My SR 325i's fit in perfectly! For the price this is hard to beat (especially the 2 for 1 deal).

Matt

Mar 8, 2012 at 12:55 PM Post #8 of 9
I got something just like that for my SR80i. It does fit, but it's pretty snug and you have to have the headband in just the right position to make it fit. I'm a little nervous about something getting crimped or zipped up because of how tight it is, but so far so good!

Mar 8, 2012 at 1:48 PM Post #9 of 9
I use this for my Grado's: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000P3WPKK/ref=oh_o06_s00_i00_details

it's not great for everyday transport beacuse of it's large size,
but its great for my needs as I only move my Grado's around every now and then.
Great protection, customizable for any shape you want, extra room for the cord, amps, etc., and cheap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back