Has anyone tried the Zen Stone yet?
May 16, 2007 at 8:36 PM Post #17 of 26
Does it look as cheesy in person? Like some kid's pet rock painted with fingernail lacquer and brought to a 3rd grade "bartering market" day?

Not that I'm complaining for $38, though.

May 17, 2007 at 12:42 AM Post #18 of 26
I think I'll be buying a Stone to try out, then maybe give to my son who's now using his PSP as his DAP.

I hope to see other colors.

I like my 2G shuffle and the option to sync to my iTunes library as it does. I re-fill my shuffle every other day and the Stone would not be as easy and hassle free to swap out songs...but yeah, for $40 !!

May 17, 2007 at 3:36 AM Post #19 of 26
40 bucks is really a great deal. I've narrowed it to the Stone and this Sony 1gig with screen. Any more SQ reviews?
http://www.buy.com/retail/product.as...&loc=111&mp=34

what to buy... what to buy...
blink.gif

May 18, 2007 at 1:20 AM Post #22 of 26
When will they be releasing the color Stones? I am wanting to get a pink one for my daughter. I didn't see a release date on their site.

May 18, 2007 at 2:04 AM Post #23 of 26
"When will they be releasing the color Stones? I am wanting to get a pink one for my daughter. I didn't see a release date on their site."

The different colors are being rolled out throughout the month of May, I believe. I wanted black, which is what I got, so I didn't pay close attention.

May 18, 2007 at 2:28 AM Post #24 of 26
Thanks for the info. I may end up getting one for myself too. In black of course.

May 18, 2007 at 6:31 PM Post #25 of 26
Heyaz. I just received my Zen Stone yesterday. I also have a 1G Shuffle. The Stone has excellent SQ but I'd say the Shuffle has slightly better detail and more volume output. If I didn't A/B the two, it would be very difficult to say one is better than the other. Interesting that the Stone was not recognized as a disk on my Mac Pro. It was my understanding that it was a UMS device. Maybe this is some quirk with my Mac. I searched around a bit & couldn't verify that anyone else had this prob. I booted my Mac into XP & no probs. The edge for cool factor goes to the Stone. IMO, it's much sleeker & stealthier lookin' than either shuffle

May 18, 2007 at 7:28 PM Post #26 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by aussie_017 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Have you considered the iriver T60? It's a little more expensive but in the same league. It's battery life is 20hours with a AAA, it's very light, weighs only 24 grams!

i believe the battery lift may be longer if you put a Sanyo HR-4U AAA battery. It's worth to spend extra dollars for a iRiver.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back