Has anyone tried the Phillips HDD1630???
Nov 5, 2005 at 11:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Kuroyume

100+ Head-Fier
well... just what it says in the title...

I am in the final stages of my DAP research, and when i thought i was pretty much settled on an iRiver H10, i remember that this was announced in september and should be out now...

so i after some searching, i found it on walmart

it looks really nice, but there is next to no information about it...

so i wondered if someone here has tried it, or it's big brother, the 6330...

i'm thinking that this must have been the most quiet product launch ever...

notice how apparently it comes with in-ear earphones... and it is fairly cheap compared to the iriver...

Nov 8, 2005 at 2:30 AM Post #2 of 7
I picked one up yesterday and it's great. Very easy to transfer music to using WMP 10, effortless even. The sound quality is great and i'm satisfied with it. I don't own any other DAP so I can't compare it to any others. The build is very good and it's a very good looking player. The headphones are decent quality and comes with different size plugs, small, medium & large. The default ones are a little too big for my ears so I switched them for the little ones and they fit perfect. If you have any questions i'd be happy to answer them for you.....

Nov 8, 2005 at 2:30 PM Post #4 of 7
thanks!

besides joining jumpinjohn1234's question i have a couple of others...

- have you had any problems with it freezing or something??? (just in case)

- The Signal to Noise Ratio is >82 dB according to specs... is the sound clear??

- I have read reports that the output is kind of weak, what is your opinion about it?

- is the battery life really up to 17 hours, like philips promises?

- how does the combined charger/usb cable work??

-Is tha case that comes included any good???

- can you post some pictures?
icon10.gif

thanks again...

Nov 8, 2005 at 11:05 PM Post #5 of 7
The photo quality is alright nothing to really write home about, maybe mostly cause the screen is so small, like on a newer cell phone. No freezing as of yet but i'll keep an eye out. The sound is very clear and it's pretty loud at higher volumes. I work in a busy office and it blocks out most of the noise at less then half volume. Can't say about battery life although I would agree with 17ish roughly. The charger plugs into the wall and has the DAP attachment near the other side with the usb plug at the very end, works ok you'll need to have the player at least 2-3 ft from the usb port on your machine. The case is a rubber like sleeve that does protect the player pretty good, snug fit around it. Probably can take small hits and perhaps (a small drop on a semi hard surface) pretty well I would think, not that i'm gonna try.

The sound quality is actually very good. I've been listening to all different genres of music and they sound great. As long as you place the earbuds in the correct place within your ear canal. Too far out makes it sound hollow and weak. I'll try for some pictures later my cam has dead batteries and I haven't charged any up in awhile. But anything else you might wanna know?

It would be a great purchase, well at least I think so for myself.....

Nov 8, 2005 at 11:18 PM Post #6 of 7
Thanks!

this is looking like a good purchase to me too...

sorry about all the questions, but i'm a journalist and when someone says "i will be happy to answer" i tend to get carried away...
icon10.gif

i was reading the manual and it looks like the navigation is pretty cool... (i liked that "flywheel" thing a lot, at least in theory...)

Nov 9, 2005 at 6:21 AM Post #7 of 7
I saw this at Walmart the other day too and have been waiting to hear more information on it. Looking through the manual it looks like it can function as a drive in WindowsXP, Itchee can you confirm this?

Also, if you have a non-XP computer, can you see if it works as an MSC device for music and/or data?

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back