Has Anyone Tried the Null Audio "Brevity" IEM Cable?
Feb 3, 2015 at 12:35 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

makincheez

Head-Fier
I have a pair if UE tf10s that I replaced the stock cable with FIIOs replacement cable. Hated the memory and stiffness of the stock cable. FIIO cable was more flexible but looks like a power cord from an old floor lamp; so thick and heavy. Wanting something thinner and not wanting to spend a bunch I ordered the Brevity from Null Audio for only $44 delivered. I searched the forum and didn't find any mention of it; anyone try one yet or know of someone that has? Impressions? Here is the link-  http://www.null-audio.com/products/brevity-5n-cgocc-a-spc-earphone-cable

Thanks!

Feb 26, 2015 at 8:01 PM Post #2 of 4
  I have a pair if UE tf10s that I replaced the stock cable with FIIOs replacement cable. Hated the memory and stiffness of the stock cable. FIIO cable was more flexible but looks like a power cord from an old floor lamp; so thick and heavy. Wanting something thinner and not wanting to spend a bunch I ordered the Brevity from Null Audio for only $44 delivered. I searched the forum and didn't find any mention of it; anyone try one yet or know of someone that has? Impressions? Here is the link-  http://www.null-audio.com/products/brevity-5n-cgocc-a-spc-earphone-cable

Thanks!

Did you receive your cable yet? I just came across this looking to get a replacement too. Seems to be $36 now. Impressions?

Feb 26, 2015 at 10:08 PM Post #3 of 4
Got it about a week ago and am really enjoying it. Might be my imagination but the vocals sound a little better while upper and lower frequencies are still great or at least they seem unaffected to me. But I didn't buy it for that; it's a whole lot better to handle that that recycled lamp cord I was using. Slightly stiff (very slightly) and not really any memory to speak of. Uses clear tube for ear hooks and for a tension slider above the Y. Plug is nice and small. This was important to me because I'm listening to an iPod 5.5 in a YoTank case; the port isn't very big and not every plug will fit it unless it has a shoulder. It's early but I'm really very pleased with the purchase. If the durability is there it's a steal in my opinion. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back