Has anyone tried the Nokia XpressMusic 5310?
Aug 1, 2009 at 7:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

metllicamilitia

100+ Head-Fier
I was wondering if anyone had tried this particular model of the Nokia XpressMusic line 'cause I didn't find it in the search. I recently got one when I switched phone services.

I like that it has a 3.5mm phones jack so I can use my SA6's with it. But I was wondering what people thought of the SQ of those that had tried it. I've been messing around with it for a while so I won't post any final thoughts on it right now.

Aug 1, 2009 at 7:55 PM Post #2 of 11
i've listened to this particular model and i think its quite amazing sounding for a music phone
and i would dare say its pretty close to my sansa clip which is a well regarded dap here ofcourse. though i find the 5310 to be a bit lacking compared to the mighty N91 purely in the sonic department.. but then the 5310 i think is better sounding than my w810i and the similar walkman phones anyday.. and i have a limited knowledge about daps..

Aug 2, 2009 at 3:17 AM Post #4 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by jjsoviet /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I tried the 5310 with my Motorola ROKR E8, and mine sounded better. The highs are a bit sibilant but the mids are more defined and bass is more accurate.

Look at the RMAA graphs of the E8.

Mobile-review.com Review of GSM-handset Motorola ROKR E8

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eldar Murtazin
Not only is it on a par with the Samsung i450, the E8 even surpasses it, jumping right onto the next rung of the ladder with dedicated mp3-players, and we are not being easy on it, that’s the way it is.

You're probably right, I have a lot of faith in Eldar's words as he's usually very critical. I consider the Sony Ericsson W-series and Nokia XM series to still be stuck amongst the better of the phone world, but not good enough to compete with dedicated players.

Aug 2, 2009 at 6:25 AM Post #5 of 11
My uncle has a ROKR, he played some song from it and it sounded nice. And I was amazing at the SQ from my phone too. I was wondering about it though, to see if it was worth just getting a 16GB card for my phone and using that as a PMP until I can get a good high capacity player. I would like a 30GB or more and that sounds good, but not an iPod and preferably not a Zune either, I really like to drag and drop my files rather than having to go through something like iTunes that I have to download and install, it's just a pain.

Aug 2, 2009 at 9:39 PM Post #6 of 11
Sounds decent enough but really still can't hold a candle to a DAP when they have difficulty driving armature based cans or low impedance ones as well. Still, with the right cans, they sound good enough for daily use, if only the battery life were better though...

Aug 4, 2009 at 3:17 AM Post #8 of 11
Quote:

I tried the 5310 with my Motorola ROKR E8, and mine sounded better. The highs are a bit sibilant but the mids are more defined and bass is more accurate.

Look at the RMAA graphs of the E8.

Mobile-review.com Review of GSM-handset Motorola ROKR E8

Speaking of which, my Nokia just crapped out on me after a week, so I am getting a Motorola ROKR E8 free in replacement.

Aug 4, 2009 at 5:17 AM Post #9 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by metllicamilitia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Speaking of which, my Nokia just crapped out on me after a week, so I am getting a Motorola ROKR E8 free in replacement.

To get the most out of the E8 you can mod its software. The E8 usually is very slow, but performance in the music department is not affected.

Aug 4, 2009 at 7:22 PM Post #10 of 11
Quote:

To get the most out of the E8 you can mod its software. The E8 usually is very slow, but performance in the music department is not affected.

How would you compare the E8 to the sq of the 2nd gen ipod touch?

Aug 4, 2009 at 11:02 PM Post #11 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by TommyTunes /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just got the phone and it's decent enough but does anyone know if it can use SDHC cards?

Yeah, the 5310 XpressMusic recognizes SDHC cards. Only make sure the firmware is the latest version. Before having my 5310 stolen, I've been using it with an 8 GB microSDHC card. Very good as alternate source when you don't want to carry the main player.

The same goes with the 5220 XpressMusic, which is my mobile phone now. Very good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back