Has anyone tried the new M50x?
Feb 2, 2014 at 11:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Slashfury99

100+ Head-Fier
Hello, I'm new here, sorry if I posted this at the wrong place but I just had to ask:

Has anyone tried the new Audio Technica M50x? I really loved the previous M50 and Audio Technica just recently released a new refined version of them. Has anyone tried them? I just wanted to know whether if they're worth the buy or if they still have the same M50 sound signature.

Link: http://www.audio-technica.com.sg/products/ath-m50x/

Feb 3, 2014 at 9:52 AM Post #2 of 5
The M50x is pretty much pointless. All it's adding is a detachable cable and the drivers are supposed to be the exact same. Probably aren't worth the buy honestly. Just stick with what you got right now then upgrade later.

Feb 3, 2014 at 11:10 AM Post #3 of 5
Thanks for the reply!

Feb 3, 2014 at 11:24 AM Post #4 of 5
Can anyone say anything about the "now with refined earpads"? It was something that definitely was needed to be upgraded, but would they be worth getting as replacements for my M50 when it needs them?

Feb 3, 2014 at 11:34 AM Post #5 of 5
  Can anyone say anything about the "now with refined earpads"? It was something that definitely was needed to be upgraded, but would they be worth getting as replacements for my M50 when it needs them?

If you need replacement earpads, or just better ones, I believe the Shure 840 velour pads fit the M50. I just love velour, and from what most have said, they really improve the comfort of the M50's

Users who are viewing this thread

Back