Has anyone tried the iPod Shuffle 2-gen yet?
Oct 29, 2006 at 9:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

awptickes

100+ Head-Fier
I'll be getting one in about a week when my mom comes back from a buisness trip in NYC, but until then I'm curious.

Does it need to be amped? (I really, really, really hope not.) The old shuffle was really good about driving my Koss cans, something other cd and mp3 players didn't like.

How does it sound compared to a full-size iPod and the old shuffle, Lean, Fat, Thin? The old shuffle has a SnR issue. Incredible hiss of white noise when using low-impedance IEMs. Has this been corrected?

How's battery life?

If you have any initial impressions yet, please post, I'm really interested.

Oct 29, 2006 at 9:12 PM Post #2 of 7
no, no one has it yet. should be a few more days.

Quote:

Originally Posted by awptickes
The old shuffle has a SnR issue. Incredible hiss of white noise when using low-impedance IEMs.

really? i never noticed that.

Oct 30, 2006 at 1:16 AM Post #3 of 7
Now and again, we all miss a thread but "It's October: New Shuffles Shipping Yet?" has been one of the top threads for days.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Oct 30, 2006 at 10:00 AM Post #4 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by pds6
Now and again, we all miss a thread but "It's October: New Shuffles Shipping Yet?" has been one of the top threads for days.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Wow, I'm 18, and I need glasses.

/me sinks into his chair.

Oct 30, 2006 at 11:16 AM Post #5 of 7
awptickes says:
Quote:

Wow, I'm 18, and I need glasses.

LOL !
eggosmile.gif

It was not a put-down and I am glad you did not take it that way.

ps: I think they just started shipping.

Oct 30, 2006 at 12:57 PM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by awptickes
The old shuffle has a SnR issue. Incredible hiss of white noise when using low-impedance IEMs. Has this been corrected?

Quoted for TRUTH. The only fault I have found with my shuffle. This noise floor is masked with a can like the 580, but a CX300 with its high sensitivity and low impedance makes it VERY obvious. I need to build a 'HISSBUSTER'

I am very interested to know if the new shuffle is better. Bet it isn't!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back