Has anyone tried one of those DIY Yuin earphones on ebay?
Jul 26, 2013 at 2:24 PM Post #4 of 13
I can't say I'm not a bit intrigued, but I'm not really a fan of earbuds so I'll probably let someone else try them out.

But I am interested in the other IEMs the seller has listed on the storefront.

Jul 26, 2013 at 7:06 PM Post #5 of 13
I wouldn't say that it changes the sound too much. Just looks like a re cable with normal wire. It also voids the warranty.

Jul 29, 2013 at 3:07 AM Post #6 of 13
Well i just won a pk3 DIY version on ebay for $6.50. I will post an update when it arrives and ive had a chance to test it. For $6.50 ifthe sound is anywhere close to a factory PK3, it would be an amazing bargain.

Aug 7, 2013 at 4:08 PM Post #7 of 13
I ordered one of these DIY PK3 from dasetn a few weeks ago, arrived today. It looks like the PK2 that dasetn is offering though, same Brainwavz/Visang-style cable. It came in a Denon storage case with a couple pairs of earbud foams.

First impressions of the sound so far are not very favorable, they sound very veiled and closed in. I don't have any legit Yuin earbuds to compare, but I actually think my old Philips SHS3200 sound more resolving.

I should be receiving an AP8 from dasetn in a few days too, I believe someone posted impressions about them in ClieOS' earbud round-up thread, and they seemed positive about it, so hopefully it's an improvement from the DIY PK2/3

Aug 7, 2013 at 4:49 PM Post #8 of 13
popcorn.gif

Danneq bought a pair not too long ago (still in the mail). Maybe I can summon him to the thread by saying his name.

Aug 9, 2013 at 2:21 AM Post #9 of 13
I just got my DIY PK3 yesterday. So far, sounds pretty good...although to be honest i am not an expert in describing sound (i don't know how to describe in sound or high/mids/lows, etc). It feels very similar to my pair of factory PK2s....although i dont have them on hand atm to compare (waiting on it to come back from fred's repair). Only complaint is that the skull candy cable sleeve is too short.I

In theory, if the drivers and other stuff are the same, with just a different cable, would it still sound the same? Or would the cable have a massive impact on the sound?

Aug 9, 2013 at 2:21 AM Post #10 of 13
I just got my DIY PK3 yesterday. So far, sounds pretty good...although to be honest i am not an expert in describing sound (i don't know how to describe in sound or high/mids/lows, etc). It feels very similar to my pair of factory PK2s....although i dont have them on hand atm to compare (waiting on it to come back from fred's repair). Only complaint is that the skull candy cable sleeve is too short.I

In theory, if the drivers and other stuff are the same, with just a different cable, would it still sound the same? Or would the cable have a massive impact on the sound?

Aug 9, 2013 at 10:22 AM Post #11 of 13
Quote:

A lot of people butt heads over this. I think cables make little to no difference unless one of them is particularly bad, then it might negatively affect the sound, but it would probably be audible/obvious. That being said, some headphones do ship with really shoddy stock cables...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back