Has anyone tried Melos Maestro?
Apr 30, 2002 at 12:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Gemul

New Head-Fier
http://www.enjoyaudio.com/~audio/cwb...s_maestro2.jpg

It's too hard to get Sha-Gold in Korea
frown.gif

The seller said Melos Maestro is a upper model, but I'm not sure about thr quility of its headphone out. So if anyone has any experience with it, plz tell me how good it is. I don't care spending extra money on Maestro even though the sound quaility is the same, but shouldn't be worse than Sha-gold.

Thx in advance.

Apr 30, 2002 at 2:31 PM Post #2 of 6
markl has an sha-gold that has been upgraded to maestro. i'm sure he'll post in this thread momentarily.. but he had an sha-gold before that and sold it to buy the maestro. so what i'm saying is, it's an upgrade.. get it and enjoy.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 30, 2002 at 3:49 PM Post #3 of 6
Yes, indeed I've had both the Gold and a Gold upgraded by Melos to Maestro level. If you do a search here you should find my review. Bottom line: Maestro is better than Gold.

markl

Apr 30, 2002 at 3:58 PM Post #5 of 6
That's not 100% accurate. The Gold Reefrence has the photentiometer and the balance meter. If you read the archived Melos site, they allude to other internal differences as well.

markl

Apr 30, 2002 at 4:07 PM Post #6 of 6
Oh yeah, you're right about the photentiometer.

But the amp circuit board and components are the same. I got the component lists for these amps a while back, they're identical.

(assuming the lists I got are correct, but I have no reason to believe they're not).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back