Has anyone tried amping old KZ ZS5?
Feb 21, 2023 at 10:46 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

nofacemonster

100+ Head-Fier
I know i am about to talk about pretty old stuff, probably nobody cares. I have a pair of KZ ZS5 which bought about 6 or 7 years back for my portable listening when I go around. They are still with me with upgraded cables and sounds pretty good, but i seldom used them after the covid crisis because i am not required to go around the country as much as i do.

Today i did something out of curiosity and ended up with amazing results. I have a Schiit Asgard 2 which i use with my HD6XX almost everyday. I hooked up the KZ ZS5 in low gain mode and played some music. WOW!!! i mean super WOW!!! i didn't know that KZ ZS5 could scale up so well with better amplification than connecting it directly to the phone or laptop.

Has anyone tried amping KZ ZS5? I never knew they needed this much power to shine so bright!

Feb 21, 2023 at 10:53 AM Post #2 of 3
I know i am about to talk about pretty old stuff, probably nobody cares. I have a pair of KZ ZS5 which bought about 6 or 7 years back for my portable listening when I go around. They are still with me with upgraded cables and sounds pretty good, but i seldom used them after the covid crisis because i am not required to go around the country as much as i do.

Today i did something out of curiosity and ended up with amazing results. I have a Schiit Asgard 2 which i use with my HD6XX almost everyday. I hooked up the KZ ZS5 in low gain mode and played some music. WOW!!! i mean super WOW!!! i didn't know that KZ ZS5 could scale up so well with better amplification than connecting it directly to the phone or laptop.

Has anyone tried amping KZ ZS5? I never knew they needed this much power to shine so bright!
You better post that in KZ thread

here is it

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/knowledge-zenith-kz-impressions-thread.698148/

Also, I have both old ZS5 and new generation of ZS5, I’m quite impressed with new ZS5, and left a lengthy coverages across several posts, you can track back those posts with detailed analytics👍

Post in thread 'The discovery thread!'
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/the-discovery-thread.586909/post-17335778

Last edited:
Feb 21, 2023 at 10:53 AM Post #3 of 3
Many hybrid (KZ) and dynamic driver (various brands) IEMs can do pretty well with amplification. Just be careful not to turn it up too loud (for safe listening levels) and maybe consider using some kind of impedance adapter like IEMatch or cheaper impedance adapters found on aliexpress, etc.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back