Has anyone tested the Beoplay h5
Sep 22, 2017 at 7:31 AM Post #196 of 201
I have just received a reply from B&O, it is indeed not possible anymore to remember the profile since the last update. The guy forwarded my feedback to the development department, so hopefully the next software update will enable this feature again!

Sep 25, 2017 at 8:25 AM Post #197 of 201
Now I also got a reply back from B&O.

I asked if it is possible to downgrade the firmware to an older version (where the Tonetouch profile would be retained while the headphones are off). Answer: No.

However, good news is that their developing team is working on bringing the feature back in the next update. So it seems like it is indeed a bug.

The support person could not give an estimate when the fix will be available but emphasized that there will be a fix :thumbsup:

Nov 22, 2017 at 6:38 PM Post #199 of 201
Has anyone had any trouble getting the aptx codec working on android? I'm using a Google pixel 2 and can only seem to get SBC and aac.

Hey Sam,

Using the small pixel 2 and even though I can't make the changes "stick" if I select the protocol manually, it is active once the H5 are paired and streaming. So when I try to make changes in the developer options, it always defaults back to SBC but once music is playing it shows AptX HD.

On that note though: the same tracks played back on my Jaybird Freedom sound much "richer" with better balance and bass compared to listening to them through the H5. ToneTouch settings don't make a huge difference unfortunately. Are you happy with the sound quality? I was hoping it's a codec issue after reading your post, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Many thanks,

Robin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back