Has anyone tested the Beoplay h5
Jul 6, 2016 at 12:31 PM Post #16 of 201
Sorry for the lateness guys, been crazy busy.

Auditioned these on Saturday at the Hanover Square store in London and they are really nice. I've tried MANY wireless sports headphones and they usually sound flat with no bass, which isn't what you want when you're working out. These have a nice controlled punchy bass, but do not over power or leak into the mids. They sounded a little too bright at first, but that sorted itself out when I changed the tips for my Sony hybrids (you can also tweak the sound via the app to make the sound warmer etc.) They have a surprisingly large sound stage and isolation seems fine as they've not got the vents off the H3.

They are the first "sports" headphones that I've come across which have such a nice quality to them that they can easily be used for the daily commute without looking out of place. Great headphones and ordered a pair that night which should have been here today, but the UPS plane had a fault and been stuck in Sweden... Hopefully here tomorrow...

Jul 7, 2016 at 3:49 PM Post #17 of 201
Hmmmmmmm, I wanted to love these but I just can't get a good fit.  The cable is quite heavy and they easily get pulled out and just not deep enough insertion for me.  The only way I can get a reasonable fit would be to wear them back-to-front and over ear, they just look silly though and I shouldn't have to do that.  The sound is actually not bad, loads of detail, just the fit.... Aaaaaaagh!!

Jul 7, 2016 at 4:22 PM Post #18 of 201
Hmmmmmmm, I wanted to love these but I just can't get a good fit.  The cable is quite heavy and they easily get pulled out and just not deep enough insertion for me.  The only way I can get a reasonable fit would be to wear them back-to-front and over ear, they just look silly though and I shouldn't have to do that.  The sound is actually not bad, loads of detail, just the fit.... Aaaaaaagh!!

Oh no, that's so disappointing to hear and not what I would have imagined from the images in ear.

Can this be resolved with a different set of tips - Are you using the Comply ones?

Jul 8, 2016 at 5:05 AM Post #20 of 201
Unfortunately these will be going back as I just can't get any sort of secure fit.  However, I may just have weird shaped ears as I tend to have to wear IEMs over-the-ear, so others may have more luck.  That being said, it doesn't change the fact that the cable is far too heavy and stiff, so easily catches on your clothing and the pure weight yanks at the headphones making them work themselves free.  There's no chance what-so-ever that I can use these for running if they work themselves free just by a little shake of my head.  

Here are a few bullet points: -

Positives

1) Nicely made and look the part.
2) Sound can be adjusted to your taste via the app.  Sounds quite nice once you've warmed everything up.

Negatives

1) Obviously the cable being not fit for purpose.  Looks nice, just doesn't work well.
2) The inline control isn't great and has no raised marking to allow you to know where to press.
3) The comply sports tips let in far too much sound.  How water resistant are these without the tips?
4) Default sound is far too bright and actually hurts my ears.
5) Battery really isn't great.
6) Charging cube looks nice, but not convenient for travel.
7) Shallow insertion so if your ears aren't a certain shape you won't get a secure fit.

As you can see, the negatives far outweigh the positives, so I will continue to look.  Maybe the http://www.eozaudio.com/ can do better?

Jul 8, 2016 at 6:12 PM Post #24 of 201
Unfortunately these will be going back as I just can't get any sort of secure fit.  However, I may just have weird shaped ears as I tend to have to wear IEMs over-the-ear, so others may have more luck.  That being said, it doesn't change the fact that the cable is far too heavy and stiff, so easily catches on your clothing and the pure weight yanks at the headphones making them work themselves free.  There's no chance what-so-ever that I can use these for running if they work themselves free just by a little shake of my head.  

Here are a few bullet points: -

Positives

1) Nicely made and look the part.
2) Sound can be adjusted to your taste via the app.  Sounds quite nice once you've warmed everything up.

Negatives

1) Obviously the cable being not fit for purpose.  Looks nice, just doesn't work well.
2) The inline control isn't great and has no raised marking to allow you to know where to press.
3) The comply sports tips let in far too much sound.  How water resistant are these without the tips?
4) Default sound is far too bright and actually hurts my ears.
5) Battery really isn't great.
6) Charging cube looks nice, but not convenient for travel.
7) Shallow insertion so if your ears aren't a certain shape you won't get a secure fit.

As you can see, the negatives far outweigh the positives, so I will continue to look.  Maybe the http://www.eozaudio.com/ can do better?

Eozaudio looks really nice! Do you know are they supporting AAC codec?

Jul 10, 2016 at 7:33 AM Post #29 of 201

Absolutely agree. The Gadgetmac review (http://gadgetmac.com/reviews/bang-olufsen-beoplay-h5-wireless-in-ear-headphones-review) goes a little bit there, but I want a little more thorough review on the sound quality.

Saying that I can't get a pair of the Jaybird Freedoms in the UK yet 
mad.gif
 But I really want to give them a go because most reviewers are saying, for sports and active use, the Jaybird Freedoms can hardly be beaten. 

Jul 10, 2016 at 7:50 AM Post #30 of 201
The freedoms sound excellent. Deep bass wide soundsage. Really impressive and the best I've ever heard from Bluetooth ear buds. But the fit is fussy and for me the electronics module weight pulled them out of my ear on the right side. I had to return them.

I had high hopes for the H5 but it sounds like another misfire. Mine arrive Tuesday from amazon. We shall see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back