Has anyone taken their Comply's off their IE8 yet? lol
Feb 25, 2009 at 10:24 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Mors

100+ Head-Fier
This isn't going to be pretty.
The Comply T400 are brilliant on my IE8, but I just thought I'd whip them off to try a Sony tip I had knocking around but dear me, it is VERY tight, so I've left it. I can see me having to get the needle nose piers out and having to destroy the Complys that are currently on.

Anyone got any tips in doing anything to the Comply before fitting them to unsure the come off easy? Cover them in butter?
wink.gif

Feb 25, 2009 at 2:42 PM Post #2 of 9
Well, there we go then. I just snapped mine. Triffic.
Tried to twist off the Comply with hardly any force and the tube has snapped in my hand.

*BEWARE*

Feb 25, 2009 at 3:07 PM Post #3 of 9
That happened to me quite a while ago. I emailed Sennheiser about the nozzle coming off and fit issues with the tips. The response didn't even mention the nozzle coming off, so I emailed again, asking if I should send them in, and if my warranty would be affected. The response was a no.

I used a super strong plastic epoxy to glue mine back together so they ain't coming loose again (at least the left one). I have thought of pulling the right side off to re-glue it with the epoxy.

Feb 25, 2009 at 3:15 PM Post #4 of 9
I read that you have to ease them off by using a back and forth motion. Well my IE8s will be here tomorrow and I also ordered some comply tips as well. I guess I will have to be careful!

Mar 13, 2009 at 9:26 PM Post #5 of 9
I had the same issue with my IE8's. I twisted off the nozzle on the left earpiece. At first I thought I snapped it off and upon further observation I noticed they were twisted off. At the end of the nozzle where it meets the body of the IEM, there are two 'lips' that fit into two sockets of the earpiece. It was a case of them not having enough glue. I also used a bit of epoxy glue to put it back together and now, the nozzle doesn't even budge! Epoxy remains somewhat flexible after it has cured and the awful smell goes away as well. I think that the T500's would make a better fit. I get better sound using the medium dual flange tips but the T400's are far more comfortable.

Mar 13, 2009 at 10:28 PM Post #7 of 9
Actually thinking about it, if the nozzle can be removed, you would be able to self clean if anything made it past the mesh. I can't on my left since the epoxy I used isn't coming loose this millennium! But I would hate to be traveling and have the nozzle come off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back