has anyone seen this LIBERATOR on ebay?
Aug 4, 2006 at 6:15 AM Post #91 of 107
Curious to hear these on my ms2! Dunno if i can handle the price though... will have to see how tempted i get

Aug 4, 2006 at 8:26 AM Post #93 of 107
Good day to all,

Just have got an e-mail from those guys. They have been so sure that those LIBERATORS could be placed on RS2 and RS1 as well, but unfortunately they are not. This come up when I and DIGITALMIND were in mini meeting, where RS1 was present. Also have tried on my new toy RS2, same...
frown.gif

They will come up with the new version of LIBERATORS, special for RS ones. I will keep you informed…
They apologies for this
frown.gif

Cheers.
tongue.gif

Aug 4, 2006 at 8:37 AM Post #94 of 107
Quote:

Originally Posted by kramer5150
I dont think it'll work on the wood Grados, since you cant take the earcups apart.

You don't have to take them apart, you just slide the Liberators on where you would normally place the pads, and then place the pads on the other side of the Liberators. It's just that the place where the pads go on wood Grado's is a hair too wide, and they don't fit.

Nice to see so many that are also going to be getting them, I liked the results alot. Hope it's the same for you all.
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 10, 2006 at 4:29 AM Post #96 of 107
Quote:

Originally Posted by skev13
Now I'm very interested in getting these. My ears rest on the driver part of the grados, and become quite painful after a while... But for $42US, not sure if its really worth it...

here are my impressions for what they're worth!

http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showp...postcount=2269

Aug 10, 2006 at 5:45 AM Post #98 of 107
I dont know about that, but some of the members ( 3 of them ) have got them for free testing, yeah... About the rest, dont know

here it is

http://www.headphonesguru.com/

Cheers

Quote:

Originally Posted by skev13
Wondering what everyone paid for these... seems people have been getting them for lower prices than listed on the site?

Aug 10, 2006 at 5:50 AM Post #99 of 107
Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackmore
I dont know about that, but some of the members ( 3 of them ) have got them for free testing

How do I go about for a pair to test for free?
rs1smile.gif

My ears are killing me, how the grado's sit on them. I'm hoping the extention tube can help my ears sit on the bowls instead of the drivers...

Feb 15, 2007 at 7:58 PM Post #101 of 107
...has no one thought of these but made out of wood? And maybe the same wood used for the RS line? Could give some of that organic sound qualities the RS line has to the prestige line, no?

This might be an interesting business venture. I think I'll email the guys who make them...

Feb 27, 2007 at 6:13 PM Post #102 of 107
Well, I decided to take my own advice and contacted Alex to see if he would supply me with a pair of liberators so I can make a wooden prototype. To this he accepted. I have had the idea of using maple since it's very available here in Canada, and even thought of using Mahogany like the RS line, but am not sure it would be the right kind of wood for this kind of thing.

If someone has any knowledge on woods, I would welcome any suggestions before I actually get into fabrication.

Aug 31, 2007 at 12:35 PM Post #104 of 107
Quote:

Originally Posted by dealmaster00 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmm...thinking about getting some of these!

The wooden you mean?
Don't know if it would make a difference in sound, but it is an interesting experiment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back