Has anyone seen this? cable supports
Jan 26, 2011 at 11:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 47

heynice

Head-Fier
yeah....

cable%20ins.jpg

Jan 26, 2011 at 11:34 PM Post #3 of 47
You wouldn't let your $6,000 JPS Labs's Aluminata Reference cables lay right on the floor would you?

Jan 26, 2011 at 11:45 PM Post #4 of 47
Heck, if you are that invested in your system... then by all means, use something else. What makes these worth $159?

My one minute list of alternatives that could be cheaper:
CD cases
Styrofoam
Cardboard
Wood
RE0 boxes
A wad of 19 $1 X8
Other cables
Coffee mugs
Books
Shoes
Your wallet
AND MORE!

Jan 27, 2011 at 12:44 PM Post #5 of 47
While audio treaks can be made insanely expensive, I do think that lifting your cables off of a static prone synthetic carpet, or a vibrating floor would at least in theory, prevent changes to the electric flow in the cables.

I second the idea that many other materials besides high current electrical cable insulators (or some pretty facsimile thereof) would be required.  Similar items can be found in some vintage and junk stores.

Concept probably has merits in some situations, although the measurers might disagree.  I will proabably make some sort of pretty wooden cable lifters at some point.  Right now I use a set of the stick on hooks holding my speaker cables off the floor, mainly to keep them from getting run over by the vacuum cleaner.

Jan 27, 2011 at 12:46 PM Post #6 of 47
I'm sorry...but what the hell is this...

Jan 27, 2011 at 7:28 PM Post #8 of 47
Even if these did make a difference (yeah, right...), wouldn't it be so much better/cooler/cheaper to buy cool looking vintage ones from eBay:
http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=power+line+insulators&_sacat=0&_odkw=power+line+insulator&_osacat=0&_trksid=p3286.c0.m270.l1313

Then again, that amazing deal is only $159 for EIGHT of them!  Awesome!

Jan 27, 2011 at 7:29 PM Post #9 of 47
:p innovation my ass, our forefathers were getting ripped off way before they appeared

Jan 27, 2011 at 7:59 PM Post #10 of 47
Just was at another Head Fier's abode yesterday and got to see this type of system in action. Can't say it didn't sound good and insulating your cables from static electricity, mechanical vibration, true air dielectric, etc. I could see the theory but haven't had the experience to debate it.

Jan 27, 2011 at 8:06 PM Post #11 of 47
Call it bogus if you like.   I did before I heard the Shunyata Dark Force cable elevators at a local audio store.
I never would have believed it if I hadn't heard if for myself, but I clearly heard more detail with the cables lifted.

FWIW, the system was in a carpeted room on the second floor, presumably with electrical wiring running under the floor.

If/when my home system gets a dedicated room, I would definitely like to give them a home audition.

Jan 27, 2011 at 8:24 PM Post #12 of 47
Good, I'll call it bogus then.

Jan 27, 2011 at 8:36 PM Post #13 of 47
OK. But why would you want to spend money on it when you have got books, boxes or other stuff to elevate it?

Quote:
Call it bogus if you like.   I did before I heard the Shunyata Dark Force cable elevators at a local audio store.
I never would have believed it if I hadn't heard if for myself, but I clearly heard more detail with the cables lifted.

FWIW, the system was in a carpeted room on the second floor, presumably with electrical wiring running under the floor.

If/when my home system gets a dedicated room, I would definitely like to give them a home audition.

Jan 27, 2011 at 8:50 PM Post #15 of 47
These have been out for years.  Something about static in the cable being picked up I believe.  What I used to do is take the kids building blocks (w/ABC etc.) and put them under the cables.  I don't really know if it did much but didn't cost me anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back