Has anyone ordered Grado streetstyle phones?
Aug 18, 2006 at 2:25 PM Post #2 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by mattg3
Sept.1 is pretty close.Wondered if anyone has pre-ordered the street style Grado and where?

I was thinking about it, cause I need a set of jogging headphones. Yet, headphones for jogging is no easy task to pick. They can't be too heavy, have to fit well on your ear, and not move to much. Also, length and width of cord is important.

SO, I wanted to get one, but honestly if they come in no good, I didn't want to lose all that money to ship to Canada. Waiting for some reviews for people to tell me how heavy they are and the such.

For the $50 headphone market usually people aren't going to go in blindly cause unlike $300 or above, which you know will sound good even if its not your personal favorite sound signature, it could be a hit or miss thing. And people looking for $50 headphones generally don't have that many to endure a hit or miss... like me.

Aug 18, 2006 at 3:55 PM Post #3 of 8
Might be a longshot, but I'd like to see a shoot-out between the Grado streetstyle and Senn PX100 streetstyle (pmx100?). Overall design/comfort and sound comparisons would be great.

For so long people have been wanting a higher quality streetstyle, and now we've got a few choices!
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 18, 2006 at 9:55 PM Post #5 of 8
At the price, I'll pick up a pair on a whim. It's not something I will seek through e-sellers, but rather a set of headphones I'll likely grab on a lazy day window shopping at the local Hi-fi shop.

Oh, and I think they're dead sexy in that nasty, war-time, Grado way.

Edit - and they'll be in black, thank you very much.

Aug 18, 2006 at 10:30 PM Post #6 of 8
No, because streetsyle is a terrible design idea in the first place. I have yet to find a streetsyle to fit my head except one that hurt like crazy after just 5 minutes.

They should have went with clip-on style and retooled the looks to look more simple.

Aug 18, 2006 at 11:02 PM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by lmilhan
Not I.

But once they fail miserably because of their pricing, and they are lowered to $30 or $35 I will buy a pair 'just because'. Until then, I see no point since I already own a pair of SR-60s.

Didn't someone mod their SR-60s to be streetstyle? I was expecting smaller SR-xxx cups with a KSC-55 like headband.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back