Has anyone hooked their PCDP player into an integrated amp?
Dec 6, 2002 at 8:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Bobby C

Head-Fier
I've a couple of good sources (Sony D-25s & D-303). One of them I'd like to dedicate to my office & play through a sound system (i.e. amp & speakers) - I can't wear phones all the time cause of interruptions. I know what I want in speakers (I have a spare pair of NHT's), anyone suggest a decent amp (no Circuit City junk, please).

Thanks

Dec 7, 2002 at 12:07 AM Post #2 of 3
You don't say what your price range is, but anyway...

For my office I use a vintage Marantz 2238 receiver that I paid $130 for on ebay. It's got AM/FM, a phono stage (I do have a turntable sitting on my desk!) and 2 aux inputs, one I use for a cd player, one for my soundcard. It powers my PSB Alphas great, and has 2 tape outs, one which goes to my headphone amp, one which goes to my soundcard line-in for the occasional recording of a record to .wav. It also has a pre-out which I don't use now, but did for awhile with a powered sub. Try getting something new that does all of that for $130. So I suggest getting something similar, from ebay or Audiogon. It is a bit large, but if you have the desk space...

Dec 7, 2002 at 11:27 PM Post #3 of 3
nice setup. I think I remember that Marantz (or something similar). Unfortunately it's too big for my desk but I'll look for something out there in the used/auction market. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back