Has anyone here Colorware'd their iPod???
Jan 1, 2006 at 5:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

The_X

1000+ Head-Fier
I've been looking at some of these 4G iPod color combos and they really look stunning in picture. I was wondering if anyone had done it to their 'pod and if it looks as good in person. Also, how's the durability on the paint job? Does it scratch as easily as Apple's original white?

Jan 2, 2006 at 2:20 AM Post #2 of 13
I haven't had my 5th gen done yet. I want to get it done really soon, but want to find a time when it would be easy to part with for the time it would be gone. I'm totally getting it painted pink though! Totally.

Jan 2, 2006 at 2:29 AM Post #3 of 13
Do a search, I think Philodox had one of his done last year around this time...

Jan 2, 2006 at 3:49 AM Post #4 of 13
I had my 4G Colorware'd. Turned out REALLY nice... very resistant to scratches-- it's like automotive enamel. They also coat the chrome back and screen with clearcoat to make them scratch-resistant as well... Definitely recommended. Might get it done to my 5G down the road.

Jan 3, 2006 at 4:18 AM Post #6 of 13
Yes! I had my 3G iPod painted black. It came back with an awesome semi-metallic deep black coat. The attention to detail was wonderful and the whole paint job was enameled with a protective finish just like carsncars described. I'd recommend Colorware anyday.

Jan 3, 2006 at 4:20 AM Post #7 of 13
ipod_video_combo_02.jpg

www.colorwarepc.com
i thought about it when i get my ipod, but they didn't have the exact shade of red and orange...not a big fan of the "mica" either...

Jan 3, 2006 at 2:33 PM Post #10 of 13
Yeah, that was a gift to my Wife. She loves it, but is thinking about getting a two tone iPod Video [or whatever the new ones are called].

Jan 3, 2006 at 3:55 PM Post #12 of 13
I'd send an email to colorware with those questions. I don't see why black would be a problem and I would imagine any scratches would be gone after the process. I purchased my wife's iPod directly from colorware.

Jan 3, 2006 at 11:36 PM Post #13 of 13
Wow, that green ipod looks amazing! I'm not sure I want to part with my U2 Edition's black and red paint job, but I think I'll be trading up to a 60gb iPod Photo sometime in the future (need more space!) and I'll definitely get that done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back