has anyone heard these Audio-Technica ATH-CM7ti
May 1, 2004 at 7:29 AM Post #2 of 5
they've been discussed a couple of times. i own the non-ti version. i can practically taste the metal when listening to frank sinatra and think the cm-5s are even more metallic sounding, so neither is on my recommended list at this time, but others like them much more. i think someone said to do a search at headfi while the search function is dormant you should use google and something like "head-fi ath-cm7".

May 1, 2004 at 7:43 AM Post #3 of 5
i've got the ath-cm5. i didn't find the sound to be metallic at all. in fact, it's got surprisingly good bass for an earbud (though i did compensate slightly with the eq on my discman). overall i thought the sound was balanced, a little recessed in the midrange but good for a $50 earbud. unfortunately, it seems that no earbud/earphone on the face of the earth likes my ears, so because of the fit i'm going to have to sell it. any interest PM me ...

May 1, 2004 at 12:47 PM Post #4 of 5
Ehhh... extremely overpriced CM5's... they certainly look nice though.
I'd regard the CM5/7 as JUST above the Senny MX500 in sound, though the Senny MX500 pulls that back with its value card. Neither puts a spot on the Sony MDR-E888's though. My brother owns CM5's btw
smily_headphones1.gif

But yeah... nice, but overpriced...

May 1, 2004 at 6:07 PM Post #5 of 5
The ATH-CM5 has the best sound imaging, but has poor quality bass and highs. The Sony MDR-E888 sounds better than the ATH-CM5. The ATH-CM7TI is on another level. The ATH-CM7TI has strong solid bass, sound imaging right behind the CM5, the highs is just about right, not overly bright as the MDR-E888. The ATH-CM7TI is the best sounding earbuds I've heard and is the most comfortable fitting. One ATH-CM7TI, paid $180. Not having to listen to the MDR-E888 and ATH-CM5 ever again, Priceless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back