Has anyone heard the new shuffle 1 GB?
Dec 30, 2006 at 1:07 PM Post #17 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by lutwey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
but no screen wats so ever though..............how about chaging tracks???

With the Shuffle it just "shuffles" the music you loaded on it. Kind of like a radio station were you pick the songs. You can switch to play the music in a loop. You can also change tracks.

Dec 30, 2006 at 1:18 PM Post #18 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by lutwey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
but no screen wats so ever though..............how about chaging tracks???

I used a 1G Shuffle without a screen quite happily. That said I now have a Samsung player that has a screen and sometimes its handy. You tend to use them differently. Put it on shuffle and keep hitting next till you find a track you like. If you want to hear the rest of the album, turn off shuffle and hit back until you get to the start of the album you want. Its a small capacity so its not like you'll have a massive amount of tracks to go through so its quite fast.

People say its a way of saving money by not having a screen. I don't agree. Its a different way of using a player. You don't need a screen, most of the time. On a bigger capacity player you kinda do though.

Dec 30, 2006 at 1:18 PM Post #19 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by LTUCCI1924 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
3X0
HI: Can you explain more on your post please. I can get the shuffle for about 80.00 and the zen v for about 127.00. That is about a 50.00 difference. I did think the zen looked very cool as well as the super small shuffle. I think the power out put of the zen v is 30 M/W per channel.

The Zen V has virtually no hiss through my ER4P. It had more tonality at the top-end and overall sounded more musical; there was no genre I tested where the G2 Shuffle was superior (I listen to trance, electronica, techno, post-grunge, rock, metal, alternative, punk, indie). With my KSC-75, while both sounded good, the Zen V really shined. The bass felt a bit less bloated than with the Shuffle.

Personally, I'd think that the multi-purpose headphone jack of the Shuffle was a performance misstep.

Dec 30, 2006 at 1:22 PM Post #20 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by 3X0 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Zen V has virtually no hiss through my ER4P. It had more tonality at the top-end and overall sounded more musical; there was no genre I tested where the G2 Shuffle was superior (I listen to trance, electronica, techno, post-grunge, rock, metal, alternative, punk, indie). With my KSC-75, while both sounded good, the Zen V really shined. The bass felt a bit less bloated than with the Shuffle.

Personally, I'd think that the multi-purpose headphone jack of the Shuffle was a performance misstep.

I kinda agree with that. Creative players tend to sound more musical. Bit like Sonys. The original Shuffle sound more accurate, but perhaps not as musical. The G2 Shuffle isn't quite as good.

Dec 30, 2006 at 2:23 PM Post #21 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by 3X0 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Do you have any evidence that the jack is the source of the hiss? Some folks at iLounge are blaming it on the Samsung chip in the 2G.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back