Has anyone heard of the Cowon q5W?
Apr 8, 2008 at 5:27 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Ricky112

Head-Fier
Its an awesome player i think it can play mpeg4,Xvid,DivX, and AVI and Mpeg, i have a question though, yes i know it does come with the software to transfer videos into the player but lol im kind of afraid that i wont be able to use it, cause the player is like 549.99 plus tax, does anyone own the cowon q5w? if so can u teach me how to transfer video files and music files into the player?

Apr 8, 2008 at 6:59 AM Post #3 of 12
iAudiophile.net: News

This is the place to get the best information about any Cowon product.

cheers
Simon

Apr 8, 2008 at 8:22 PM Post #5 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ricky112 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
does anyone know if i have to pay for the video codecs for the Cowon Q5W, like Xvid, Mpeg4, DivX, AVI?

No, you don't.

Apr 8, 2008 at 8:25 PM Post #6 of 12
Ok great, now i want to be able to use my player freely. But do you have to download any firmwares for the Q5W in order for you to transfer music and videos into the player properly? or would it work just fine without any firmwares?

Apr 8, 2008 at 11:22 PM Post #7 of 12
Cowon is not like Archos... you don't need any additional plug-ins to access any features already supported by the hardware
biggrin.gif
All the codecs advertised are already included with the initial purchase
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 9, 2008 at 10:25 AM Post #8 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by dap_pad /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Cowon is not like Archos... you don't need any additional plug-ins to access any features already supported by the hardware
biggrin.gif
All the codecs advertised are already included with the initial purchase
smily_headphones1.gif

or apple

Apr 10, 2008 at 12:49 AM Post #9 of 12
Thankyou all for all the help, Im getting this player soon and im usin them on the grado sr 325i(I know u need an amp for it to sound at it fullest) but its still good though, but unfortunately the cable on the sr325i has rip in the cable and when im using it to play music i can hear static/cracks

Apr 10, 2008 at 10:41 AM Post #10 of 12
i was a bit disapointed at the battery life on the current cowon PMP´s. the A2 was 20h for audio and 9 for video, the A3 is around 13 for audio and 5 for video, while the Q5w is around 6-7 for video,

Apr 10, 2008 at 8:26 PM Post #11 of 12
You forgot the best part, It's the only modern PMP with digital output.
Plug an iBasso D1 to that and you got one beast of a transportable setup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back