Has Anyone Heard of or Bought Black Hole Cables?
Jan 25, 2005 at 12:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Moos3d

New Head-Fier
I've only seen one place that reviewed these cables and that was overclockers.com and the review was a little lackluster for my taste. They seem to be great cables but on the expensive side. I have been entertaining the option of buying one of their power cables for my PC for a while now but I was thinking if anyone has had any real experience with these cables this would be a good place to look. Here is the black hole cables website.

http://www.blackholecables.com

Here is the review by www.overclockers.com.

http://www.overclockers.com/articles1101/

Jan 27, 2005 at 4:08 PM Post #2 of 6
Maybe it's just me but I have no idea what someone would be trying to accomplish by using expensive computer cables. There's just no way that they're going to improve the performance of your PC.

Jan 27, 2005 at 6:16 PM Post #4 of 6
Any communication between computer components is strictly controlled by I/O protocols that adhere to certain speed of transmission standards. It just has to be that way so that devices will work well together without one part jamming up another. As long as your cable is certified to meet the appropriate standard (ie USB 2.0 for connecting USB 2.0 devices, Cat 5e cable for 10/100 networks, etc.) you're doing as good as you can.

In other words, if you're network cable is capable of handling 50 trillion bits per second but you network cards all meet a standard of 5 million bits per second (I'm just making these numbers up for the purposes of an example) then the best you're going to get is 5 million, period.

Jan 29, 2005 at 10:08 AM Post #5 of 6
"Black hole"?

Sure, that's where you money disappears.

Regards,

L.

Jan 29, 2005 at 10:30 AM Post #6 of 6
what jpr703 said is basically it, thats kinda of silly on a cat 5 of 6 cable. if anything your buying the cool look, which can duplicate yourself with a 4 dollar cables and 1 dollar worth of covering.... nice gimic since ive yet to see anyone else try to hock "super" patch cables.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back