Has anyone heard about MB Quart headphones?
Aug 6, 2003 at 6:53 PM Post #16 of 24
If anyone's still thinking about this maker, a whole line of stuff is available at closeout prices from electronics bonanza whoever they are (caveat emptor). They appear to come with 3 year warranties.

There are several very interesting low to mid priced offerings.

Unless they nail you on shipping, I think I'm going to audition the QP 160. Looks like a potential budget flavor of the month, but if they suck - certainly possible - for $20 its almost worth it for the supplied exension cable with vol. control. (Audio-direct price is $99.) I'll probably try out their buds for $4 as long as I'm ordering.

EDIT: They DO mark up the shipping. Still pretty attractive prices, but you have to take that into account.

EDIT II: And they're selling some of them on ebay with lower buy it nows, and some w lower shipping, than on the web site. Hmf.

Aug 8, 2003 at 4:07 PM Post #17 of 24
I just ordered the Phone 85, QP 120 and QP 160. They gave me a pretty decent deal for the three.

That makes 5 new phones purchased the last two weeks, and there's still two more I'm planning on purchasing once someone buys my Etys. Cripes.

I'll post brief reviews when I get in some time with them. I'm particularly interested in comparing the $4 buds to the MX3/4/500s.

Aug 13, 2003 at 4:45 PM Post #20 of 24
Well, I'm sorry for such egregious (but unintentional) breach of etiquette.

I'm not trying to mislead anyone. If there are any questions about the cans, or issues with my posting here, please feel free to contact me directly.

eduardo

Mar 30, 2021 at 5:09 PM Post #24 of 24
Just acquired a pair of... well, it says on the cup "K 800 C," which ill bet refers to the dual 3.5mm plugs for use with a computer rather than the dual 1/4" phono plugs i see on the K 800... I think I've even seen one with an XLR connector, but it may have been modded. My pair says, "2 x 100 Ohm" on the cup, which i suppose makes them 200-Ohm?. I've seen variants of these cans with differing impedance ratings. The ones produced today by GermanMAESTRO are a typical impedance if I recall correctly... something below 100-Ohm total.

I hooked them up to my Magni 3, last night and they are a bottom heavy pair of cans with lots of low end, but very reduced high end. I may experiment with this set by opening them up and re-cabling (has damage to the jacket) and just to see whats going on in there, period! An oddball set for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back