Has anyone had earwax build-up in their ears?
Feb 14, 2003 at 11:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

IXZ5P

New Head-Fier
I think I've got earwax build up in one of my ears by using the etymotic white eartips that you push into your ear canal. I can hardly hear anything and I'm waiting to go to the doctors. Has anyone had this problem, and how have you treated it?

Feb 14, 2003 at 2:46 PM Post #3 of 10
IXZ5P
HI. Yes this happened to me with the er4p and I went to the doctor and he put ear drops in the ears to break up the ear wax and all was well in a few min. The doctor told me not to put things in my ear.LOL

Feb 14, 2003 at 3:04 PM Post #4 of 10
Hi. A similar thing happened to me after a couple of earaches in a row. I went to the doctor and he used a small jet of water to remove the earwax. No big deal. Maybe you can avoid this by using the foam tips?
A friend of mine forgot to remove a piece of cotton he put into his ear canal and got some more serious problems. But you certainly didn’t do something like that, did you?
Get well soon.

horscht

Feb 14, 2003 at 4:23 PM Post #5 of 10
yeah go the eardrop route first. if that doesnt work, all the doctor will do is pump some water into your ear. if you have one of those, i believe theyre called water piks (its a device usually used for tooth care), you could do this yourself at home and save money on the trip to the doctor.

Feb 15, 2003 at 2:21 AM Post #7 of 10
Feb 16, 2003 at 12:34 AM Post #8 of 10
Quote:

Originally posted by LTUCCI1924
IXZ5P
HI. Yes this happened to me with the er4p and I went to the doctor and he put ear drops in the ears to break up the ear wax and all was well in a few min. The doctor told me not to put things in my ear.LOL

ROFL. How did the doc keep a straight face?

Feb 16, 2003 at 3:03 PM Post #9 of 10
Quote:

Originally posted by NathanJM
yeah go the eardrop route first. if that doesnt work, all the doctor will do is pump some water into your ear. if you have one of those, i believe theyre called water piks (its a device usually used for tooth care), you could do this yourself at home and save money on the trip to the doctor.

I think the stream of water the doctor used was at a far lower pressure than the water pik you mention. I would be afraid of causing real damage with that device. It also uses pulses which cannot be good.

At home use a bulb syringe with warm water, it will work fine. Remember you are cleaning your ears not removing graffiti from a wall.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back