Has Anyone Filed a Claim with Paypal? Do You Just Get Your Money Back?
Apr 24, 2007 at 12:54 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

nickknutson

Headphoneus Supremus
I've filed a claim with Paypal over an item I won on eBay, but never recieved. Has anyone else experienced this? I was just wondering if you win your claim, do you just get your money back...and it's that simple? Or do I only get my money back if the seller gives it back? This particular seller had Paypal Protection.

I'm kinda lost on this process...

Anyone telling me their experiences would be appreciated!

Apr 24, 2007 at 1:11 AM Post #2 of 7
If the seller still has the money in his Paypal account, you might possibly get it back. If he doesn't, however, you probably won't get anything and Paypal won't help you.

Hopefully you paid by credit card. If so, file a dispute with your credit card company. That's your best hope. Good luck..

Apr 24, 2007 at 4:32 AM Post #3 of 7
Had a claim filed against me. PayPal extracted money from my bank account and temporarily credited it to the buyer. Settled it with the buyer and the money was returned.

Course, this is assuming the person isn't a scammer and has money to extract.

Apr 24, 2007 at 4:42 AM Post #5 of 7
I lost money selling an Everquest item (Yeah lame I know) for 900 to a guy... he scammed me and I didn't get the money but that was an item which was against the rules to receive payment for anyway so shame on me I suppose. This was like 4 years ago though.

I also filed a claim for a knife that I bought through ebay (Spyderco etc) and I never received it through the mail and I got my money back.

Apr 24, 2007 at 11:40 AM Post #7 of 7
I paid with my checking account...can my bank get my money back for me like a credit card company?
But I don't know, the seller hasn't responded to any of the emails by Paypal and tomorrow is their deadline. If they don't respond I automatically win the claim...so we'll see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back