Has Anyone Darth-Beyered their DT880?
Mar 23, 2005 at 11:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

RoosterDude

Head-Fier
Just wondering. I see a lot of people have done this upgrade with the DT770 and are very happy with it.

I would like to see whether it bring out some more bass as the FR chart, headroom and most other reviews I've seen believe they aren't suitable for rock/classic rock/tranc/electronica due to lack of bass response.

Also, do the DT990s come in a lower impedance version like the DT770?

Mar 23, 2005 at 9:56 PM Post #2 of 12
i know jahn has DB'd his 770-80s, and says it helped tremendously...well worth the $$$ according to him.

jahn? jahn?
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 23, 2005 at 10:53 PM Post #7 of 12
Mar 23, 2005 at 11:14 PM Post #9 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by mmmmcheese
does the rcabeling void the warrenty?

Makes sense that it would - it's not like a Senn, which has a cable that pops off. This mod actually involves getting in there and soldering and modding etc etc hardcore.

Mar 23, 2005 at 11:16 PM Post #10 of 12
If you save the original cable you can always solder it back into place, they would never know the difference. Infact, they probably wouldn't even bother checking (to see if it has been soldered back into place, which is difficult if you are good).

Mar 23, 2005 at 11:59 PM Post #11 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Emon
If you save the original cable you can always solder it back into place, they would never know the difference. Infact, they probably wouldn't even bother checking (to see if it has been soldered back into place, which is difficult if you are good).

I think they'd notice that they were dual entry rather than single and that all their cheezy wiring was missing
biggrin.gif

Mar 24, 2005 at 10:17 AM Post #12 of 12
Great!
But that thread you posted kinda trails off and their werent many impressions of changes in sound for either of the phones? Especially post burn-in!

I would have thought that giving the K501 some Darth-AKGing? is a great idea - quite possibly a near perfect can! However, the guy says that he does not hear a change in bass response
confused.gif

Also, I know this is off topic but do the DT990s come in a lower impedance version like the DT770?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back