Has anyone compared the AT AD2000 to the HD600, K701 or Lambda Pro?
Dec 24, 2007 at 8:10 AM Post #17 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by wae5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
BTW, I don't know what these adaptors are that you're using with your Stax phones. Are they transformers that permit Stax earspeakers to be used with non Stax amps?

They are energizer/transformer boxes which are used to run Stax 'phones from regular speaker amplifiers. Hook it up to the speaker connectors on your amplifier, and plug it into the mains (for bias supply), then plug the Stax 'phones into it.

They come in various versions (my energizers below):

Dec 24, 2007 at 6:15 PM Post #18 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They are energizer/transformer boxes which are used to run Stax 'phones from regular speaker amplifiers. Hook it up to the speaker connectors on your amplifier, and plug it into the mains (for bias supply), then plug the Stax 'phones into it.

They come in various versions (my energizers below):

Gurrr KRMathis, do you really need all of those? I can't find a pro-one for about a year now (appears on head-fi - sold the moment I even look, e-bay ones are hitting $300 whenever I bid).

Dec 24, 2007 at 7:13 PM Post #19 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaloS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Gurrr KRMathis, do you really need all of those? I can't find a pro-one for about a year now (appears on head-fi - sold the moment I even look, e-bay ones are hitting $300 whenever I bid).

Well, I probably don't "need" all of them.
But as you say, they come up for sale rarely, and the few who hit eBay of the FS forum usually end up selling for a great amount of money. Hence I prefer to keep them, in case I need them some day...

I will keep you in mind though, if I ever change my mind.

Dec 24, 2007 at 7:22 PM Post #20 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, I probably don't "need" all of them.
But as you say, they come up for sale rarely, and the few who hit eBay of the FS forum usually end up selling for a great amount of money. Hence I prefer to keep them, in case I need them some day...

I will keep you in mind though, if I ever change my mind.

xD Ironically enough, I just scored one the moment I put a WTB thread 15 minutes ago -_-. I <3 head-fi. But ya I totally understand the logical reasons behind keeping them, especially for people who depend on these things in their setups, a back-up device is good to have.

Dec 24, 2007 at 7:54 PM Post #21 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaloS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
xD Ironically enough, I just scored one the moment I put a WTB thread 15 minutes ago -_-. I <3 head-fi.

Great news!
Its been a long wait, but in the end you scored one. I am sure you will enjoy it...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back