Has anyone built a STEPS for 230V ?
Nov 18, 2009 at 3:15 PM Post #16 of 21
You might look at the schematic for examples of output voltages and the necessary resistors.
wink.gif

Also, C2 is available from Mouser, it just wasn't when Tangent put that table together years ago. C6 is also available, you just have to search harder for it since the part number isn't the same as it was years ago.

C2

ECQ-U2A222ML Panasonic Film Suppression Capacitors

C6
BFC237011104 Vishay/BC Components Polyester Film Capacitors

You should double check those too, I was working pretty quickly but that looks right to me.

Nov 18, 2009 at 7:01 PM Post #19 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by peranders /img/forum/go_quote.gif
R3 must be of 1200 volt type, not the usual 0,6 W metall film which only can take 300 V. You could also take two metal film in series. It's possible to break the resistor with transients.

1200V ???

Where could i source that? I was gonna use this.

Dec 12, 2009 at 12:31 AM Post #21 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by peranders /img/forum/go_quote.gif
R3 must be of 1200 volt type, not the usual 0,6 W metall film which only can take 300 V. You could also take two metal film in series. It's possible to break the resistor with transients.

Quote:

Originally Posted by steinba /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Me and a buddy assembled two Steps PSUs today, and they worked like a charm right off the bat. ..Even without 1200V R3s. Is that really necessary?

I don't know what he's talking about with the 1200 V business. I think you should be fine with the 1/4 W resistor you linked to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back