HarmonicDyne Zeus
Jan 26, 2021 at 11:22 AM Post #46 of 160
IF you like a smooth yet detail sound, with a wide soundstage, then i think you are going to love this set of headphones.
Very comfortable also..
Currently i have a set of Linsoul GL2000's being shipped to me via DHL. as of today, 1-26-2021.
Im really excited to hear them, as im sure they are going to be really great as well...

I dont always agree with ZEOS's ears,,, its about 30/70-obo.... but what i notice is when he is just crazed about a product.., i then pay attention.
Recently he was over the moon regarding the Rebel Amp, and i bought one, and he was 100% correct.

Next, he stated that he could get rid of his headphonea Hall of Fame......because the best sounding headphone he has ever heard.....and that includes the Empyeran (which i own and love) and the Abyss products...... Zeos stated that the Linsoul GL2000 is substantially better sounding than any headphone he's ever heard before, or currently owns.
So, mine is to arrive soon, (this week) and i hope to be able to review it and report that it really is a great Gear.
I thought they sounded a little fatiguing in his demo, but it is just a demo, generally somewhat inaccurate. Aside from that, they sounded wicked good. I look forward to hearing your impressions.

Jan 26, 2021 at 11:54 AM Post #48 of 160
Headphones with a peak in the 1K region generally are very fatiguing to my ears. This is the region where the abusive type of grain and a metalic timbre show their ugly heads in a more obvious way.
1611680035694.png

Jan 26, 2021 at 5:46 PM Post #49 of 160
I thought they sounded a little fatiguing in his demo, but it is just a demo, generally somewhat inaccurate. Aside from that, they sounded wicked good. I look forward to hearing your impressions.

The reason all that is nonsense, is because Zeos's end result is nullified by his seriously lacking audio chain.
And did i forget to mention the Youtube compression ???

Zeos still uses a "Zoom" recorder, and that is about as low Rez as is available.

Just ignore these type videos...., and listen for yourself, as the correct chain is the Gear on your Head that is pumping FR into your left and right Hemispheres.
That's how you find out what you need to know.
Its sort of like the difference between looking at a beautiful woman in a Photo, vs, sitting across from her in a well lit Cafe`.
The Photo... is Zeus's sound files, and the woman sitting across from you smiling in 3D is the reality sound.
So...
You dont find out any of that with a graph, and you dont find out any of that with with a chart.
You discover the reality, when you have them strapped to your ears.
Then you know IF the Gear is what you need, because then you find out what it actually sounds like.

So, are they Good ?
Yep.
Warm, natural, detailed, sonic goodness.

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2021 at 7:13 PM Post #50 of 160
The reason all that is nonsense, is because Zeos's end result is nullified by his seriously lacking audio chain.
And did i forget to mention the Youtube compression ???

Zeos still uses a "Zoom" recorder, and that is about as low Rez as is available.

Just ignore these type videos...., and listen for yourself, as the correct chain is the Gear on your Head that is pumping FR into your left and right Hemispheres.
That's how you find out what you need to know.
Its sort of like the difference between looking at a beautiful woman in a Photo, vs, sitting across from her in a well lit Cafe`.
The Photo... is Zeus's sound files, and the woman sitting across from you smiling in 3D is the reality sound.
So...
You dont find out any of that with a graph, and you dont find out any of that with with a chart.
You discover the reality, when you have them strapped to your ears.
Then you know IF the Gear is what you need, because then you find out what it actually sounds like.

So, are they Good ?
Yep.
Warm, natural, detailed, sonic goodness.
I'm referring to the gl2000. And yes, his demos are far from accurate as I stated, but they can give you an idea of how they sound, and from the demo, they sounded fatiguing.

Jan 26, 2021 at 8:06 PM Post #51 of 160
I'm referring to the gl2000. And yes, his demos are far from accurate as I stated, but they can give you an idea of how they sound, and from the demo, they sounded fatiguing.

Ive never listened to a headphone sound demo, other then when its strapped unto my ears.
So i can't help you there, other than to suggest to you not to judge a Gear based on a sound demo that is created using low rez equipment whose FR is then dulled down by Youtube. compression.
Youtube compression sucks the dynamics out of Music Videos, and re-EQ's them slightly.
I have a Youtube music channel. It has the best sounding Audio Files on Youtube. And even tho i made them using SACD and Remastered CDS, for the most part, that Youtube compression does what it does...
Also, dont give up on a Gear based on a chart or graph.

Jan 27, 2021 at 1:28 AM Post #52 of 160
IF you like a smooth yet detail sound, with a wide soundstage, then i think you are going to love this set of headphones.
Very comfortable also..
Currently i have a set of Linsoul GL2000's being shipped to me via DHL. as of today, 1-26-2021.
Im really excited to hear them, as im sure they are going to be really great as well...

I dont always agree with ZEOS's ears,,, its about 30/70-obo.... but what i notice is when he is just crazed about a product.., i then pay attention.
Recently he was over the moon regarding the Rebel Amp, and i bought one, and he was 100% correct.

Next, he stated that he could get rid of his headphonea Hall of Fame......because the best sounding headphone he has ever heard.....and that includes the Empyeran (which i own and love) and the Abyss products...... Zeos stated that the Linsoul GL2000 is substantially better sounding than any headphone he's ever heard before, or currently owns.
So, mine is to arrive soon, (this week) and i hope to be able to review it and report that it really is a great Gear.
Bro, GL2000 talks are very less in headfi. It will be very helpful to get more reviews. Me personally curious to try the GL850 too. But little doubtious to order for loosing 40-50% on resale.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
If anybody wants to sell now his/her HarmonicDyne Zeos, feel free to PM me.

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2021 at 7:05 AM Post #53 of 160
Bro, GL2000 talks are very less in headfi. It will be very helpful to get more reviews. Me personally curious to try the GL850 too. But little doubtious to order for loosing 40-50% on resale.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
If anybody wants to sell now his/her HarmonicDyne Zeos, feel free to PM me.

Im not a "bro" ... im the other species.:)

And the reason the GL2000 is a unknown commodity is because its only since the Zeos review from Jan 8, that our world here, has become aware of this gear.
Such is the power of Zeos.......like him or not.
Im going to further this budding obsession with my review, unless someone beats me to it........but even if that happens, i'll still fan the flame if the Gear is great.

What im even more curious to know is if the $1500 GoldPlaner. .

https://www.linsoul.com/collections/headphones-iems/products/glodplanar-gl850

Is even better then the GL2000....... that could be better than everything else.... as someone has stated.
Wouldn't that be a Head_trip?
Would it not be a Head_trip to be able to spend $2000 obo, and get (2) better sounding gear then the Abyss gear or the Susvara, or any of this extremely expensive stuff that you may not like, and then you are immersed in about $11,000 of disappointment.
= I vote - YES.
I love it when you can spend less and get the best SOUND.
So, time will tell, as time reveals all, in time.

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2021 at 7:14 AM Post #54 of 160
Personal opinion but I don't get the expensive headphone market anyway the more headphones I try. My favourite headphone sound of all time is still a 50$ gaming headset from Logitech and no other headphone I tried yet has beaten it (k702 is close). It is funny if you ask me. I can clearly see technical superiorities in more expensive headphones and better build quality but whats the point if I can not enjoy music with it? Obviously I did not try that many yet and I have the lucky opportunity to try Stax when the stores are open again. Still the money a headphone costs says nothing in my opinion.

Jan 27, 2021 at 8:23 AM Post #55 of 160
Personal opinion but I don't get the expensive headphone market anyway the more headphones I try. My favourite headphone sound of all time is still a 50$ gaming headset from Logitech and no other headphone I tried yet has beaten it (k702 is close). It is funny if you ask me. I can clearly see technical superiorities in more expensive headphones and better build quality but whats the point if I can not enjoy music with it? Obviously I did not try that many yet and I have the lucky opportunity to try Stax when the stores are open again. Still the money a headphone costs says nothing in my opinion.

At some point, money notwithstanding, the typical audiophile tends to evolve into the aficionado.
the game becomes less about how it sounds and turns into the obsessive pursuit of the "best".
And the best, (we are taught) cost's the most.

Right now, im stuck in that headspace for quite a few years..
Sometimes it works out, but often its just chasing shadows.

Another of my obsessions is Acoustic Guitars.
Ive a room full of "hi-end" acoustics, made from figured hardwoods.
The best sounding and playing acoustic is, of course, a $300 Chinese, laminated back and sides, solid top, Import made by the "Eastman" factory in Beijing.
Every other acoustic guitar i own costs at least 10x this amount....so, that is how it goes sometimes when you chase "the best".

And regarding headphone sound quality.
At some $$$$$$ point it does not sound better, it just sounds different.
And then you are paying for someone's "sound"..

The ZMF sound.
The Dan Clark Audio sound.
The Audeze sound.
The Rosson sound.
The Sennheiser sound.
The Beyerdynamic sound.
etc.

The hilarity ensues when you pay $2900 and then you "mod it" to try to make it "sound good".
That's the ultimate hilarity.

So, find "your sound" and lay your money down.
And if you want to spend a bit more then pay for their "ultimate sound" or their v2 or v3, or v8 ....revision.

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2021 at 12:10 PM Post #56 of 160

100% agree with you my friend,
I've heard multiple $200-$400 headphones that I love more than $700-$5000 headphones, it's insane how little the cost equates to enjoyment
one day soon I'm going to have an "endgame purge" and sell off everything that I don't love, 80% of my collection will be going up for sale

Jan 27, 2021 at 12:30 PM Post #57 of 160
100% agree with you my friend,
I've heard multiple $200-$400 headphones that I love more than $700-$5000 headphones, it's insane how little the cost equates to enjoyment
one day soon I'm going to have an "endgame purge" and sell off everything that I don't love, 80% of my collection will be going up for sale

your HDZeus is one of those headphones that always sounds good.

I have headphones that i really like, but sometimes, i put them on, and they dont stay on my head long.
The Zeus........its sound is comforting.....its like comfort food for your ears.
It feels good and it sounds good.
Its a unique piece.

I hope the GL2000 is half as good as Zeos proclaims, after all, he's sitting there looking at all the well known and well reviewed headphones, and says that the GL2000 is way way way better... then all of them.......
"All" includes Utopia, Empyrean, Susvara, Abyss, .........
If he's half right, i'll buy the GL850, eventually, and review that one..

Who knows, maybe these $350 and up Linsoul Planar and Air Motion Driver products..... are actually that good...

i have no fangirl bias towards "brand".
I only want to pay for sound value.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back