HarmonicDyne Zeus
Jan 14, 2021 at 4:41 AM Post #31 of 159
I had a strange experience. I bought the Zeus and the STAX SR-L300. Both arrived on the same day...

I opened the Zeus first and felt very good about it. I posted “juicy” to describe them, as they had a hefty scrumptious feel to them. You press play and you feel you take a big bite out of the low end, so you get heft. And then you also get fairly clear listening on the other frequencies. Not the clearest or airiest. But....juicy. Satisfying. It has body, with some crisp taste in there.

I posted here, kept listening to them, and then...I tried on STAX L300.

I was blown away by the lack of low end in favor of utter crystalline clarity of the L300. I had done it...I spoiled my ears for headphones that did something so extremely spectacularly, that I couldn’t find myself enjoying the more savory and laid back Zeus.

I really enjoyed the Zeus, and would encourage people to try it. It is laid back, it has heft in the lower mids and upper bass, it has just enough pop and clarity in the upper end to poke through. They’re easy to power, the packaging, the cable it comes with, the aesthetic look of it, and the comfort are all very nice. I just have an issue where once I hear a headphone on the bright/neutral side, it’s very hard for me to hear elevated warmth that isn’t clear enough.

The Zeus have just clear enough low mids/bass to make them very enjoyable (especially at $350, just fantastic recommendation). But to be honest, the lower mids/bass didn’t have the best speed possible to call it articulate down there.

You may love them, or you may just give up on headphones under $500 and save up for higher priced gear to get everything you want. I find myself in that camp.

Jan 14, 2021 at 9:16 AM Post #32 of 159
someone loaned me a pair of Stax last week and to me they are polar opposites, meant for two different listening moods

Stax sounded... I dunno, ephemeral, ethereal, crystalline like you said.. but with absolutely no weight or body behind them

I have lots of headphones that I'll be purging when I'm done with my endgame search, but the Zeus will be one I keep

Jan 14, 2021 at 11:13 AM Post #33 of 159
someone loaned me a pair of Stax last week and to me they are polar opposites, meant for two different listening moods

Stax sounded... I dunno, ephemeral, ethereal, crystalline like you said.. but with absolutely no weight or body behind them

I have lots of headphones that I'll be purging when I'm done with my endgame search, but the Zeus will be one I keep

Totally right. The Zeus is not tuned at all the same way as the STAX. Still, I’m a sucker for clarity and can’t bring myself to put on headphones when they have less of it. Personal bias.

I think the Zeus are a great pair of warm headphones though.

Jan 14, 2021 at 5:54 PM Post #34 of 159
I'm pretty set on the Kennerton Magni as my next headphone. I'll wait for additional thoughts and reviews to surface before purchasing the Zeus. I understand your points regarding subjective preferences. Having pets in the house, I don't like the material of the Zeus pads. Everything sticks.

Yes, i understand your concerns regarding the pads..
I hope that Linsoul eventually creates pleather or leather pads for these headphones, as that would solve your issue, and it would offer another listening perspective.
Currently they are trying to meet the demand for their GL2000s, as DROP just ordered a lot of them for their members, and there were orders placed before Drop entered the picture. I bought them also, so, when the GL2000s arrive, i'll do a sonic taste test and write a review here and include how i perceive the Zeus to sound different from the GL2000.
I also just purchased some Kennerton LSA-HP1's so, those will be on the review table once they arrive.
Should be fun.

Jan 14, 2021 at 6:47 PM Post #35 of 159
Yes, i understand your concerns regarding the pads..
I hope that Linsoul eventually creates pleather or leather pads for these headphones, as that would solve your issue, and it would offer another listening perspective.
Currently they are trying to meet the demand for their GL2000s, as DROP just ordered a lot of them for their members, and there were orders placed before Drop entered the picture. I bought them also, so, when the GL2000s arrive, i'll do a sonic taste test and write a review here and include how i perceive the Zeus to sound different from the GL2000.
I also just purchased some Kennerton LSA-HP1's so, those will be on the review table once they arrive.
Should be fun.
Outstanding :L3000:

Jan 15, 2021 at 10:29 AM Post #38 of 159
Looking forward, I'm very interested too.

I just hope they sound as good as the HDZeus.

If they sound better, .....well..........if they have a sound that is a very good headphone sound related to their price....is one consideration.....is what i mean, as "better", = one way a gear meets the right criteria.

Not all Headphone Gear reviewers are able to set aside their "fan boy" issue, and just give you an unprejudiced feel for the sound of the Gear.
I dont have that issue, as i am not a 'fan girl" of any brand. I am only a fan of SOUND, and so, i allow each Gear to have its own sound.
I dont require it to sound "Like" anything else as my baseline for : "is it good".
I dont require "good headphone sound" = review..... to be based on the headphones being hyper analytical or reaching down to 20kHz.
I review based on "how does it sound"....not "what does it do" or "what does the chart tell us".

Now...where i will deviate from my usual method is when i review a very expensive Gear. For example... i just received the Rosson Rad-O for review, and its a very expensive set of headphones, so, for me to say its an outstanding listen, which it is, then it has to really sound good..., as for the price it is not allowed to sound "ok".
Now, i dont love very many Audeze Headphones, and this one is crated by that same engineer, yet, he has not created an Audeze sound inside the Rosson Rad-O.
He has created the Rosson Sound, and that sound is thick, detailed, and huge sounding.. Its epic sounding.. Its the opposite of lean or thin.
What do i mean?? Well.....If you were listening, for example to the HD560S, and then switched to the Rosson, you would think the Senn is s toy headphone.
Really.....
Yet, the SENN HD580S is a good headphone.........so....... you have to be careful if you are a reviewer, and allow each headphone to be good, of its own accord, and not base your review on comparing it to other headphones..
Thats how i do it.
Others do it differently.
Thing is.....if i review it based on how it sounds as per 9 other headphones that you have never heard, then what good does that do you?

Prior to this review, i reviewed another Rosson Designed Headphone....The NC Mountblanc. And it had to impress me with its wired sound, as its a $600 wired and wireless headphone....And it does. Its the best sounding wireless set of headphones i have ever heard, and ive owned many.
It slays the recent Bose and the recent Beyer Amiron, for example.......sound wise.

Also, the HDZeus...........it has a much better sound then it costs..
Very few headphones can pull off the Hat Trick of sounding warm yet detailed.
The Rosson Rad-O sound warm, thick, and detailed. That's a triple sonic threat.
I think even the Meze Empyrean is having trouble with the "detailed" part, as ive not heard it yet, but most reviewers seem to need it to have a little more treble, and a touch more detail.

With the HDZeus.....Even at $500, which was the original cost, it's sound is still punching above the $499 mark.
The only $600 headphone that can touch it, can equal it, is the Cleer Next. But that one, is like the Focal Clear......its a mildly bright, sort of forward presentation, that is really clear, but, not everyone likes that type of presentation.

What i try to do, is not review a product, "as compared to"....as i said.......and that is because thats not really the correct way to approach it, as that is the comparative way, which is what you dont want from a reviewer.
When i review, i give you the experience of opening the box, and hearing them as the only gear i have heard that day.
So, im not comparaively reviewing them, based on what ive been listening to all day, as that will muddle the reality..

Here is an example..
If i were to be listening to the HDZeus, and then i received a Sundara to review,... i would review the Sundara with ears that are turned to the Zeus.
And so that review would be completely different, and id say the Sundara is a thin sounding, lean sounding, midrange and bass lacking, pair of headphones.
But, its not...
Yet, as compared to the Zeus, it sounds small and thin....

So, that is why im not listening to anything today, until the FDX truck hands me the Kennerton Headphones.
Then when i review them, i'll tell you what they sound like, ..which is pretty close to what you would hear, if you heard them as your first Gear of the Day.

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2021 at 3:59 AM Post #39 of 159

Not all Stax are like that. Some have clarity AND bass such as the L700MK2, SR-007, and SR-009.

Jan 16, 2021 at 5:28 AM Post #40 of 159
Not all Stax are like that. Some have clarity AND bass such as the L700MK2, SR-007, and SR-009.

I heard the STAX SR-L300 LTD, which supposedly have drivers from the L700. The owner had also upgraded earpads to L700 and done a blu-tac mod for increased bass

Jan 16, 2021 at 2:55 PM Post #42 of 159
I heard the STAX SR-L300 LTD, which supposedly have drivers from the L700. The owner had also upgraded earpads to L700 and done a blu-tac mod for increased bass

The MK2 improves the bass because the change to the yokes increases clamping force. I'm not sure how it would compare to the modded version.

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2021 at 3:31 PM Post #43 of 159
The MK2 improves the bass because the change to the yokes increases clamping force. I'm not sure how it would compare to the modded version.

it would have to be quite a huge improvement, because what I heard wasn't even in the same ballpark as dynamic headphones as far as "weight" and "body"

Jan 26, 2021 at 9:15 AM Post #45 of 159
Thinking of trying the harmonicdyne zeus. If anybody done with it, please pm me

IF you like a smooth yet detail sound, with a wide soundstage, then i think you are going to love this set of headphones.
Very comfortable also..
Currently i have a set of Linsoul GL2000's being shipped to me via DHL. as of today, 1-26-2021.
Im really excited to hear them, as im sure they are going to be really great as well...

I dont always agree with ZEOS's ears,,, its about 30/70-obo.... but what i notice is when he is just crazed about a product.., i then pay attention.
Recently he was over the moon regarding the Rebel Amp, and i bought one, and he was 100% correct.

Next, he stated that he could get rid of his headphonea Hall of Fame......because the best sounding headphone he has ever heard.....and that includes the Empyeran (which i own and love) and the Abyss products...... Zeos stated that the Linsoul GL2000 is substantially better sounding than any headphone he's ever heard before, or currently owns.
So, mine is to arrive soon, (this week) and i hope to be able to review it and report that it really is a great Gear.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back