both have dropped their prices a ton
The hk cl used to be $200 and now it is $80
The martin logans have dropped from $300 to $90
The only comparison i found is from digitaltrends
http://www.digitaltrends.com/headphone-reviews/martin-logan-mikros-90-review/
the comparison is in the conclusion

Jun 13, 2014 at 8:49 PM Post #4 of 12
Not really
Im just curious because the martin logans are supposed to be a huge prodigy at its current price and they are beat by the harmon kardons according to digital trends.

From what I hear from people who don't own and never have owned more than one pair of Mikros 90s, they're not that great - good, but not great - even at their current street price. inb4 lynching. Same goes for the Harman/Kardon CL.

Mikros 90s probably do beat out the CLs, though.

Jun 13, 2014 at 8:52 PM Post #5 of 12
From what I hear from people who don't own and never have owned more than one pair of Mikros 90s, they're not that great - good, but not great - even at their current street price. inb4 lynching. Same goes for the Harman/Kardon CL.

Mikros 90s probably do beat out the CLs, though.

There are comparisons against the nad viso hp50 in the mikros 90 thread!
The nad viso is no slouch. The fact that its comparable really says something.

Jun 13, 2014 at 9:04 PM Post #8 of 12
I asked for a comparison between the koss prodj100 with m50 pads (these are supposed to be one of the best under 100) and the mikros 90 in the koss prodj100 thread. Pretty much everybody says the koss is outclassed.

You're not really asking an impartial crowd, just saying. There's probably someone who owns Mikros 90s that would say they sound better than Audeze LCD-2s.

Like I said, far be it for me to tell people what they can and can't like, but the Mikros 90s probably beat the CLs based on satisfaction rates. I haven't heard many people that walked away happy from the CLs that weren't reviewers on Gizmodo (lol), but the Mikros 90s have a very active thread, as well as people who simply liked them but preferred other headphones.

That's really all I can say and am willing to say about the headphones.

Jun 18, 2014 at 3:50 PM Post #9 of 12

You're not really asking an impartial crowd, just saying. There's probably someone who owns Mikros 90s that would say they sound better than Audeze LCD-2s.

Like I said, far be it for me to tell people what they can and can't like, but the Mikros 90s probably beat the CLs based on satisfaction rates. I haven't heard many people that walked away happy from the CLs that weren't reviewers on Gizmodo (lol), but the Mikros 90s have a very active thread, as well as people who simply liked them but preferred other headphones.

That's really all I can say and am willing to say about the headphones.

Thats why I created this thread

Jun 18, 2014 at 3:53 PM Post #10 of 12
Anybody???
frown.gif

Jun 18, 2014 at 11:26 PM Post #12 of 12
  I own the HK CL's and all I can say is waste of money. They don't sound near good enough considering the reviews (positive) that I read before buying. Not only that but they are really uncomfortable. Hurts my ears after about an hour of wearing them.

Whats wrong with them?
Most reviewers say it gets more comfortable overtime unless you have glasses on by thre way

Users who are viewing this thread

Back