Harman Kardon BT (wired mode) vs Sennheiser 598/558...
Apr 15, 2013 at 1:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

ULUL

100+ Head-Fier
Curious if anyone has directly compared Harman Kardon BT and the Sennheiser 558 or 598 side by side. 

I realize that one is closed and the others open.  But still, love to hear a comparison.

I was able to have a listen on the Kardon BT and the Sennheiser Momentum.  Unfortunately not at the same time, but my impression is that the BT may be better in having a bit better in having more spaciousness and a touch more bass that's still not muddy like the Kardon CL was for me.  Of course, that is subjective and going by memory. (The CL and BT was hard to decide on but after a few hours, became clear that the bass on the BT was simply more precise, detailed, fast - and the whole sound was more neutral without being cold.) 

Thanks in advance for any comments. 

UL

Apr 15, 2013 at 6:59 PM Post #2 of 3
I own the BT's and HD600's and much prefer the BT's. Vocals sound way more natural on the BT's to me.

Apr 16, 2013 at 2:13 AM Post #3 of 3
Defguy,

Super.  I'm actually on a trip overseas and there's a full blown Sennheiser store next to my hotel with a number of demos including thee 600.  Unfortunately I do not have the BT with me to compare so it is very helpful to hear your comments. 

May I ask a bit more question, presuming that you still have both currently.  Would I be correct that the HD600 with the open design has a much larger soundstage?  Things just feel more expansive if I can use the word?  (The BT does have larger soundstage than the Kardon CL - significantly so.)

And generally which is fuller/rounder/warmer sounding? 
And what about balance in terms of bass, mids and highs? 

Love to have any additional comments so that I can take yours as a baseline and make more comparison on this end at the store. 

Thanks!
UL

Quote:
I own the BT's and HD600's and much prefer the BT's. Vocals sound way more natural on the BT's to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back