Hardcore recabling for my old Sennheisers
May 13, 2011 at 8:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Fallingwater

100+ Head-Fier
I have a pair of CX300, old model, that I use constantly. They're by far my favourite 'phones, having beat in my personal graduation far more expensive ones - so far, they're the only ones that have provided the sound I want without the need to use the equalizer.
Problem is, I'm not what you'd call a careful user; my standard procedure when I'm done listening to my portable player is to roll them around the player itself and stuff the whole bundle in my pocket. This, combined with my tendency to keep other items in my pocket, tends to wear down the cable. I usually tape the cuts for a while, then finally face reality and replace it altogether - I'm about to fire up the soldering iron and do it for the fifth time since I bought the CX300.
I once replaced the cable with one from a fairly nifty set of earbuds (broken driver); it looked and felt pretty tough, but only lasted slightly longer than the cheapo ones I use now.

What I need is a cable that is thin as a normal headphone wire, but a lot stronger and more resistant to cutting. I'm prepared to pay for the privilege, though hopefully not too much.

Any ideas? Thanks. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back