Hard / Semi-Hard Case for SR-60's??
Jun 8, 2007 at 1:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

GrooveWarrior

New Head-Fier
Are there any hard or semi-hard carrying cases for the Grado SR-60's? Preferrably a slim case much like the box they come in. Or if you have a way that you carry them in your bag that you feel would be just as effective, throw it out here.

Thanks

Jun 8, 2007 at 2:13 PM Post #3 of 15
Did you save your original SR-60 box foam? If so, this is a perfect solution for you. Identical size to the Grado box & can take a serious beating. Cheap too. I've got one for my MS-1s.

Jun 8, 2007 at 2:21 PM Post #4 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by BigAmish /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Did you save your original SR-60 box foam? If so, this is a perfect solution for you. Identical size to the Grado box & can take a serious beating. Cheap too. I've got one for my MS-1s.

I did save the foam. does it fit in there pretty well? I like the fact that it can take a beating.

I like the other one posted above as well. It looks like a pretty nice case that is smaller.

Jun 8, 2007 at 2:23 PM Post #5 of 15
I use a caselogic DVD case (with the inserts removed, was pretty easy. It would benefit from a cardboard frame (like they come with when you buy them to maintain their shape) if you will abuse it)

Jun 8, 2007 at 2:24 PM Post #6 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by GrooveWarrior /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I did save the foam. does it fit in there pretty well? I like the fact that it can take a beating.

PERFECT fit in all dimensions so your cans won't shift at all in the box.

BTW, how is Oxford, OH now that classes are done at Miami U.? I remember it being quite nice in the summer when I went to grad school there in the 90s.

Jun 8, 2007 at 2:28 PM Post #7 of 15
i used a crumpler ibook 12" case when i had my ms1, along with the foam from the pizza box (with the corners cut off). worked extremely well and looked cool to boot(Black leather + Grados = nice!)

Jun 8, 2007 at 2:32 PM Post #8 of 15
Quote:

PERFECT fit in all dimensions so your cans won't shift at all in the box.

BTW, how is Oxford, OH now that classes are done at Miami U.? I remember it being quite nice in the summer when I went to grad school there in the 90s.

Wow. Small world. I did my undergrad here, and have now moved back to work (I'm a townie now). I'm the principal at the local middle school, and I also teach classes at the university.

Summer is great. I can park anywhere I want to uptown now. Oxford is a beautiful town/campus. The campus is one of the nicest I have seen anywhere.

Jun 8, 2007 at 3:15 PM Post #9 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by jonnywolfet /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i used a crumpler ibook 12" case when i had my ms1, along with the foam from the pizza box (with the corners cut off). worked extremely well and looked cool to boot(Black leather + Grados = nice!)

That seems relatively pricey for a case.

Jun 8, 2007 at 3:22 PM Post #10 of 15
I just wrap the cord around it and toss it into my bookbag. They may not look it, but Grados can stand a serious beating. Mine are still fine after 3-4 years of this. To me, the SR-60s are cheap enough that its not unreasonable to to leave them unprotected.

Jun 8, 2007 at 3:47 PM Post #11 of 15
Quote:

Had some problems with the US Staples website: Did you mean the IRIS project case?

Now I need to find one in the UK!

Jun 8, 2007 at 4:25 PM Post #12 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by lipidicman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Had some problems with the US Staples website: Did you mean the IRIS project case?

Yep, that's the one! I walked into an Office Depot & picked one up for $6.99USD...I don't suppose Office Depot exists in the UK?

Happy hunting!

Jun 8, 2007 at 7:11 PM Post #13 of 15
Good find on that Hard Case! I've been looking for a bcase, but this looks just as good and far far cheaper. I think I've tracked it down here in Canada. Going out there tonite to grab one if I find it.

Jun 9, 2007 at 1:44 AM Post #14 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Krohn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Good find on that Hard Case! I've been looking for a bcase, but this looks just as good and far far cheaper. I think I've tracked it down here in Canada. Going out there tonite to grab one if I find it.

Can't take credit on the Iris case...saw a reference to it buried in the thread archives & gave it a shot. Glad I did!

Jun 12, 2007 at 2:23 PM Post #15 of 15
Someone up for sending me one of these maybe?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back