Hard Plastic iPod Nano Cases
Feb 21, 2008 at 4:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 23

Mansize_tissue

100+ Head-Fier
I want a hard plastic case for my 3G iPod Nano but it looks like a lot of them won't allow me to attach a LOD-to-mini cable. Because LOD connectors are usually quite "thick", I need a case which is flush with the bottom of the iPod.

If the case "goes down" (i.e. protrudes/overhangs) any lower than that, the dock connector port won't be accessible, at least not by a large LOD connector.

Also, I have an InvisibleShield installed on my iPod Nano, so it's a little thicker than a normal Nano. I'll need a case which isn't too tight, so the device can still fit in.

Can anyone suggest some viable cases that fit these requirements? I live in the UK, by the way, so what ever I decide to get will have to be delivered here.

Thank you in advance.

Feb 21, 2008 at 9:06 PM Post #2 of 23
I could really do with some suggestions guys.
smily_headphones1.gif

Any ideas?

Feb 21, 2008 at 10:16 PM Post #3 of 23
The dock connector is removable.
White_Biscuit_Connector.jpg

See this site: Switch Easy

I have a Capsule case from this same company arriving today or tomorrow for my Touch. I'd be happy to comment on build quality for you, mine has a similar removable dock connector.

Feb 21, 2008 at 10:37 PM Post #4 of 23
Thank you for your reply. Yes, I'd be very interested to hear your opinion of it!

Though that case has a removable dock cover, you can see that the case overhangs the dock connector. I've seen other cases where the front and back of it end so it's flush with the bottom of the iPod.

Would a case like the one shown above still be able to cater for something like this? If so, then I'm guessing any hard plastic case will do, as long as it'll fit my iPod which already has an InvisibleShield on it.

Any more suggestions?

Feb 21, 2008 at 11:54 PM Post #5 of 23
I'm not sure, but when I get mine (probably tomorrow, nothing came today) I will show you a pic of it with my LOD connected- I believe it uses the same connector as the one you linked.
wink.gif

Feb 22, 2008 at 12:05 AM Post #6 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by jhendrickson /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm not sure, but when I get mine (probably tomorrow, nothing came today) I will show you a pic of it with my LOD connected- I believe it uses the same connector as the one you linked.
wink.gif

That'd be great!

Feb 22, 2008 at 8:40 PM Post #8 of 23
jhendrickson, have you received your case yet?

Feb 22, 2008 at 9:45 PM Post #9 of 23
Hey bud,

I tracked it this morning and it was in St. Paul last night, so it will be at my home when I get off work.

Pics and impressions forthcoming!

Feb 22, 2008 at 10:06 PM Post #10 of 23
Great. I look forward to it!

At the moment I'm considering getting this one. What do you think of it?

Feb 22, 2008 at 10:09 PM Post #11 of 23
That doesn't look too bad. Looks like it may show scratches easily but that's kind of a minor thing.

I would be concerned about the top popping off if you were to drop it however.

Feb 23, 2008 at 2:17 AM Post #13 of 23
Apologies...we had more errands to run than I thought!

2284384897_b5d137d31c_b.jpg

It's here. It's great. I had to do some field modification to it in order to get my LOD to fit. All in all this is a great case, very sturdy, and does not want to come apart. And it looks good too!
smily_headphones1.gif

This case came with a skin for the back of the iPod to keep it from getting scratched when you slide the case on, as well as two skins for the face, a tinted one and a clear one. It also came with a stand so you can watch videos on it.

Feb 23, 2008 at 11:13 AM Post #14 of 23
Thank you very much for doing that for me, I really appreciate it.

What exactly did you do to modify the case? Also, what LOD is that?

Feb 23, 2008 at 11:50 AM Post #15 of 23
It's the S2 Stealth LOD...made by member warrior05.

To modify it I used a Dremel and ground down all 4 sides of the dock opening a little bit at a time until I could fit my LOD in there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back