hard drive vs. flash?
Jan 25, 2005 at 11:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

BowerR64

1000+ Head-Fier
Ive been into computers since the late 90s and ive messed with a few hard drives, these arnt very stable, specialy for mobile use. Who uses a portable that isnt high impact? sowboarding, skateboaring etc. Any crash can end in a new portable, IMO the cost of high storage compaired to long life out weighs the flash. The least moving parts the better.

Whats better all your music on one player for a few weeks or a flash player you update every couple weeks? To me solid state electronics is more reliable.

Seems like a huge risk to spend $300. on a 60 gig portable when one good impact could end its life. Ive seen it before. Flash takes a bit more to be rendered unusable.

Jan 25, 2005 at 11:16 AM Post #2 of 2
Why compromise? Get both.

I don't use my HDD iPod when I'm doing any sports activities, but it's fine for walking around or listening at home, at work, in my car, or on the plane. I've ordered the iPod Shuffle so I can use it when I'm exercising.

Now, if I were forced to choose just one, I'd pick the HDD, because I spend much more of my life being lazy than active
orphsmile.gif
and I do want as much of my music library with me as possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back