Hard drive based player?
Sep 29, 2008 at 4:11 PM Post #16 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Whitebread /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The reason I glanced over them is because they've got large screens designed for viewing video, something I'll likely never do on a PMP. I'll give them a second look though.

FWIW the battery life on both of those, + the O2, will be horrible for music. For video they do have solid play times though. Considering that you only plan on using them for music I'd steer clear myself.

Sep 29, 2008 at 4:22 PM Post #17 of 18
Myrdin, do you know if the Q5 uses a PATA hdd or a SATA hdd?

Sep 29, 2008 at 4:32 PM Post #18 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by nywytboy68 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
FWIW the battery life on both of those, + the O2, will be horrible for music. For video they do have solid play times though. Considering that you only plan on using them for music I'd steer clear myself.

Cowon quotes 13 hours. The Q5 is basically a small compute, as it runs Windows CE, has Wifi functionalty, supports HSDPA, has expandable memory (32 gig SDHC card!) and I'm assuming can support a number of other WinCE capable programs. I'd surely consider the 80 gig because of this extra functionality, but I'd have to play with it first. I'd still have my 4 gig YP-9T for running and other activities. 112 gigs would be enough to carry most of my audio collection.

I'll have to take a trip up to J&R or B&H over fall break.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back