Hard Decisions Headamp GS-1 or WooAudio 6 SE, which one for me ??
Sep 25, 2009 at 1:22 AM Post #16 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by DarKu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks guys
I think i will order an WA6SE
smily_headphones1.gif

wondering if in the future i could mod it myself with premium parts upgrade...

The Havana is nothing short of phenomenal.
The amp you pick should be chosen wisely to maximize the synergy in your setup, which will depend on what headphones you end up getting.

The GS-1 is seriously wire with amplification. It gets out of the way and just lets you listen to your source. This is why I picked the GS-1. The WA6se will alter the sound a little, and depending on your headphones and your preferences this may be a good thing or a bad thing.

My Havana > GS-1 > HD800 is one of the most detailed setups I have ever heard, easily beating out a Cambridge Audio 840C > HEV90 > HE90 setup.
Because the HD800 is so detailed, you will be able to realize the differences between the two amps.

Which ever you get, your setup will sound wonderful. Subtle differences will be made by your choice of GS-1 or WA6se, but when you get to this level sound quality, that subtle difference can make a good setup a great setup (especially with the picky HD800).

What I am trying to say is: Choose wisely! ^_^

Sep 27, 2009 at 9:00 AM Post #17 of 17
You have two options:

1. Blow at least double the price you paid for the Opera into a tube amp ... you should get a really nice one for that money.
smily_headphones1.gif

2. Get the bigges baddest SS amp you can find, to really hear the Havana as it is. My suggestions are: Headcode, single ended beta22, single ended dynahi.
smily_headphones1.gif

I chose option 3 (bbb - big bad balanced). I got the CEC HD53N.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back