Hard case / tin for Koss KSC-35's ?
Jun 30, 2006 at 3:27 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

st5150

100+ Head-Fier
Hey guys, do you have any ideas on what to use as a hard case for Koss KSC35 headphones? Altoids mint cans are too small.

Lets hear what you guys use.

A case a little bigger to fit both my KSC35's and Iriver H320 will be a double treat
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 30, 2006 at 4:12 AM Post #2 of 19
A hard sunglass case works very well.

Jun 30, 2006 at 5:40 AM Post #4 of 19
I have a dockers wallet tin that would probably fit them. I'd give it to you, but you have to pay shipping.

Internal Measurements:
128mm x 103mm x 27mm.

Jul 3, 2006 at 12:00 AM Post #5 of 19
jparris1- Good idea, I may have to resort to this.

mektarus- That's a soft case, right?

VR6ofpain- I made a paper mock up with the dimensions you posted, and I don't think I can get my iriver and KSC35's to fit in that tin
frown.gif
Close, but it's a tad too thin (or too narrow).

Jul 3, 2006 at 2:36 AM Post #7 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by st5150
VR6ofpain- I made a paper mock up with the dimensions you posted, and I don't think I can get my iriver and KSC35's to fit in that tin
frown.gif
Close, but it's a tad too thin (or too narrow).

Ya I was examining my KSC35's (w/ 75 clips) at work on Friday. I couldn't make a good determination if they would fit or not. I'll have to bring the case to work to see if they will fit. Just to give you a firm yes or know. Obviously it sounds like you also want this case to also hold you iriver, which it will unlikely also do.

Jul 4, 2006 at 1:33 AM Post #8 of 19
Yes, in my mockup, I was using the iriver as well. I think your tin has plenty of room to hold just the cans.

I'm headed to the dollar store to see if they have any mini craft containers that will do the job.

Jul 4, 2006 at 2:10 AM Post #10 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by rodbac
I don't use anything- they're $10.

Buy a few pairs, use them until they're trashed, swap them out and buy some more.

I've been away for a while, do you have a link to $10 KSC-35's?

Jul 4, 2006 at 5:01 AM Post #12 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by rodbac
Nothing to see here...

That is funny.

Quote:

Yes, in my mockup, I was using the iriver as well. I think your tin has plenty of room to hold just the cans.

I'm headed to the dollar store to see if they have any mini craft containers that will do the job.

You got to admit the other guy does have a point to some degree, I mean yes they are a ~$30 headphone (I actually got mine for $25 shipped on ebay over a year ago), but that isn't that much. It is unlikely they will break, mine are pretty much like armor...well only because the KSC75 clips are on them, which don't fall off. The original clips always fell off. I lost one. I just keep mine in the nylon bag they came with.

Jul 4, 2006 at 4:44 PM Post #13 of 19
rodbac- I'd be willing to look into $10 KSC-75's. Where can I find them for that price?

VR6ofpain- I already busted a clip which explains why I have this WTT post: http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=187100 Lots of heavy stuff in my bag can (and did) easily crush them. Anyways, I'll still keep an eye out for something that will suit my needs and post it here once I find it.

Jul 4, 2006 at 5:44 PM Post #14 of 19
Quote:

rodbac- I'd be willing to look into $10 KSC-75's. Where can I find them for that price?

VR6ofpain- I already busted a clip which explains why I have this WTT post: http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=187100 Lots of heavy stuff in my bag can (and did) easily crush them. Anyways, I'll still keep an eye out for something that will suit my needs and post it here once I find it.

Amazon

They just keep getting lower. I paid $11.49 per pair about 10 days ago. As of a few days ago, they were $10.25, and now they are $9.75
eek.gif
. How much lower can they go?

Jul 4, 2006 at 7:27 PM Post #15 of 19
Quote:

This will suit your needs:

KSC35L.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back