Happy Thanksgiving
Nov 21, 2006 at 10:56 PM Post #2 of 18
yey.. i'm cooking an apple pie for the event...
orphsmile.gif

Nov 21, 2006 at 11:12 PM Post #4 of 18
Well Happy Thanksgiving to you too.

Being in the UK (and having never read up anything about it) I have no clue what Thanksgiving is actually all about other then people getting together and saying what they are thankful for ... but then again family/friends all getting together for a good dinner and to spend time together - that's cool all by itself whatever the reason is.

Nov 23, 2006 at 3:09 PM Post #10 of 18
Happy Thanksgiving everyone for giving us all one thing we have in common to be grateful for, Head-Fi ;-}

Nov 23, 2006 at 3:20 PM Post #11 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by m_memmory /img/forum/go_quote.gif
(...) Being in the UK (and having never read up anything about it) I have no clue what Thanksgiving is actually all about other then people getting together and saying what they are thankful for (...)

It stems from the traditional harvest celebrations like we also have 'em in Europe - for example, the German version is the "Erntedankfest". More info on the US variant and what it has to do with turkeys, pilgrims, Indians et cetera over there: http://www.history.com/minisites/thanksgiving/

Happy Thanksgiving!

Manfred / lini

Nov 23, 2006 at 6:25 PM Post #14 of 18
Enjoy spending time with your loved ones all!

Nov 23, 2006 at 6:40 PM Post #15 of 18
happy thanksgiving and take a moment to reflect on everything we are blessed with...keep safe

Users who are viewing this thread

Back