Happy New Year!
Dec 31, 2004 at 8:52 PM Post #16 of 30
8 more hours for us. Then, the bloodshed begins . . . (j/k)

Dec 31, 2004 at 10:26 PM Post #19 of 30
The new year is still about 61/2 hours away here in Pennsylvania, USA. However, to everyone that's already in 2005 and to those of us to be there shortly have a Happy New Year. It's nice to know that Head-Fi is such an international family. May 2005 be prosperous and peaceful for you all...

Dec 31, 2004 at 10:52 PM Post #20 of 30
Happy New Years to all, still got 11 hours to go here in Hawaii before 2005. Celebrate safely and most importanty enjoy yourselve amongst family and friends. See you all next year...

Dec 31, 2004 at 10:55 PM Post #21 of 30
ONE minute left!! Happy New Year, all!!
biggrin.gif

Jan 1, 2005 at 12:15 AM Post #23 of 30
Happy New Year, everyone!
2004 with you all was very good.
I'm looking forward to an even better 2005.

Jan 1, 2005 at 1:28 AM Post #24 of 30
Happy New Year from Munich, too! And I also hope it will be a splendid year for everybody.

As for myself: Survived the fondue (which was at my parents place and fine as usual - I just shouldn't have eaten so many giant beans, I guess...
wink.gif
), survived the fireworks (which seemed less expansive as in other years) - and now I'm fairly tired (without being drunk, though...).
smily_headphones1.gif

Manfred / lini

Jan 1, 2005 at 12:12 PM Post #28 of 30
My new years sucked
frown.gif

Last night I was at the beach where thousands of people were celebrating new years. I was walking along to meet up with my girlfriend and friends when some guy stopped and started having a go at me, complaining that I walked into him (his mates were there too), personally I don't think I even clipped him or brushed passed him at at all!...
I started talking to him, I was telling him I didnt think it was me and if it was im sorry. Most these guys were quite small, i doubt they were over 17, I was taller and had a lot more muscle than any of them too, additionally I also did martial arts for 2 years. Anyway while I was talking to the guy who has having a go at me, one of his friends standing to my side and slightly behind me took a swing at the back of my head, at that moment i saw somthing in the corner of my eye so i turned around and his punch made good contact with the left side of my mouth. I was in complete shock, It wasn't even the guy talking to me, being the guy standing to the side of me i thought it was such a cowardly punch. I felt a bit light headed after the punch, being so unexpected and random but I knew I should probably try to defend myself unless one of them tried to hit me again, but they ran away. A few minutes later, my mouth was bleeding pretty badly and the blood loss was making me feel faint so i laid on the grass spitting out blood. And spent my new years in a first aid tent getting my teeth checked.

Some people are complete lowlife dickheads. It doesn't matter if your well built (I was a lot bigger than my attackers) or good at fighting, there wasn't much I could have done to avoid it, I remained calm and polite whilst speaking to them, then I get punched in the most cowardly way, and then they run off. Whilst no serious damage was done, not only did it f#^k up my new years, it partially ruined it for 2 of my friends who were waiting outside the first aid tent where i was getting my teeth checked out, and it ruined it for my girlfriend for spent most the night crying because she worried as she didn't know much details other than that I was involved in a fight.

Ahwell, atleast it gives me an excuse to stay in and listen to headphones lol
600smile.gif

Jan 1, 2005 at 12:30 PM Post #29 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kush_
My new years sucked
frown.gif

Last night I was at the beach where thousands of people were celebrating new years. I was walking along to meet up with my girlfriend and friends when some guy stopped and started having a go at me, complaining that I walked into him (his mates were there too), personally I don't think I even clipped him or brushed passed him at at all!...
I started talking to him, I was telling him I didnt think it was me and if it was im sorry. Most these guys were quite small, i doubt they were over 17, I was taller and had a lot more muscle than any of them too, additionally I also did martial arts for 2 years. Anyway while I was talking to the guy who has having a go at me, one of his friends standing to my side and slightly behind me took a swing at the back of my head, at that moment i saw somthing in the corner of my eye so i turned around and his punch made good contact with the left side of my mouth. I was in complete shock, It wasn't even the guy talking to me, being the guy standing to the side of me i thought it was such a cowardly punch. I felt a bit light headed after the punch, being so unexpected and random but I knew I should probably try to defend myself unless one of them tried to hit me again, but they ran away. A few minutes later, my mouth was bleeding pretty badly and the blood loss was making me feel faint so i laid on the grass spitting out blood. And spent my new years in a first aid tent getting my teeth checked.

Some people are complete lowlife dickheads. It doesn't matter if your well built (I was a lot bigger than my attackers) or good at fighting, there wasn't much I could have done to avoid it, I remained calm and polite whilst speaking to them, then I get punched in the most cowardly way, and then they run off. Whilst no serious damage was done, not only did it f#^k up my new years, it partially ruined it for 2 of my friends who were waiting outside the first aid tent where i was getting my teeth checked out, and it ruined it for my girlfriend for spent most the night crying because she worried as she didn't know much details other than that I was involved in a fight.

Ahwell, atleast it gives me an excuse to stay in and listen to headphones lol
600smile.gif

Hey, sorry to hear that, man. There are many cowards walking the streets and you seem to have found a couple right there.
Main thing is you're OK. Here's the positive side: 2005 can only get better now!
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back