Happy New Year!
Dec 31, 2004 at 1:13 PM Post #2 of 30
Not yet for West Coast USA.

Be Happy and be Safe everyone!

I promise not to post much tonight.
evil_smiley.gif

I most certainly wouldn't make any sense.

-Ed

Dec 31, 2004 at 1:48 PM Post #4 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by 3lusiv3
Happy New Year! It's 2005 here!

The fireworks are going off right now!

Are you still going to have fireworks there??? I read something that after the earkquake, many countries agreed to stop the use of the fireworks to donate the funds instead for the victims, not sure if Australia was one of them though...

Dec 31, 2004 at 2:09 PM Post #5 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sovkiller
Are you still going to have fireworks there??? I read something that after the earkquake, many countries agreed to stop the use of the fireworks to donate the funds instead for the victims, not sure if Australia was one of them though...

I guess many people who already bought their fireworks will still fire them off. By far not all fireworks are officially staged, at least here; it's just people firing off what they have.

It's nine hours to go for us here, and I still don't know where I'm gonna be tonight
eek.gif

Dec 31, 2004 at 3:00 PM Post #6 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by 3lusiv3
Happy New Year! It's 2005 here!

Happy New Year neighbour !! Watched those fireworks by the Opera House ... 2 hours to go from here. Hopefully things gonna get better for all of us in 2005 !

Dec 31, 2004 at 3:16 PM Post #7 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sovkiller

The fireworks and festivities were months in the planning. Contracts have been signed, so not having the fireworks won't save any money. The celebration was turned into a fundraiser and a lot of money was raised.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems...2/s1274908.htm

Photo from ABC web site URL above:
r13995_33999.jpg

Dec 31, 2004 at 3:20 PM Post #8 of 30
Happy New Year all!! Just over 7 1/2 hours left here!
alcho.gif

Dec 31, 2004 at 5:48 PM Post #12 of 30
Geez I wasn't expecting to see these threads for a few more hours at least, I just woke up (12:43)! Anyways, let me know how 2005 is going, I might want to stay here in 2004 for a few more days
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back